SOLVED Unable to find a "core driver package"

JDD

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to install EZ Check Printing software

It comes from: (company removed by moderator)

This virtual printer prints checks, through QuickBooks, on blank (non-preprinted) check paper.

Pretty neat.

No more need to pay for pre-printed checks for multiple checking accounts. No more need to swap in/out preprinted checks in the printer making sure the right checking account checks are loaded.

Just print checks for whatever checking account you want on plain stock.

This ezCheckPrinting prints the computerized bank routing number, account number, account holder, bank info . . . all on blank check paper.

ezCheckPrinting Quickbooks Setup
is supposed to install a virtual printer that appears in the dropdown list of available printers like this:

However, I keep coming up with an installation error that refers to a missing "core driver package":

I have tried to find this "core driver package" but I can't find it.

I have searched for the actual error code 0x00000bc8 and gotten nowhere.

(The Software vendor) does not have a "core driver package" to install with their exe program; they just assume "core driver package" is installed with windows.

I was in a remote help session with (the vendor) today for over 2 hours and got nowhere. He saw the installation error but had no solution.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Solution?

Where can I download a "core driver package" for Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)?

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Bank checks are still printed with magnetic ink so you may run in to an occasional issue using standard ink.

As for the driver you need, I would reach out to Quickbooks since it seems to be related to them.

NOTE: the original post was edited to remove references that could advertise a website selling paid software

Last edited:

JDD

Reaction score
@TrainableMan

Dude,
1. "Bank checks are still printed with magnetic ink so you may run in to an occasional issue using standard ink."
I did not inquire about this.

2. "As for the driver you need, I would reach out to Quickbooks since it seems to be related to them."
QB is not the software developer
halfpricesoft d0t c_m is the developer.
I wrote,
"(The Software vendor) does not have a "core driver package" to install with their exe program; they just assume "core driver package" is installed with windows.

I was in a remote help session with (the vendor) today for over 2 hours and got nowhere. He saw the installation error but had no solution."

And, FYI, since posting this problem, I spent 3 hours in a remote session with Microsoft only to end up cursing them for wasting my time.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Quite honestly Microsoft would never be my go-to spot for drivers unless it is software/hardware they created.

I understand QuickBooks did not write the check printing software, but QuickBooks does need to reach out to the printer so it may be one of their drivers that needs installed. And since you already tried the only other likely provider, it couldn't hurt to try.

JDD

Reaction score
It was an MS problem.

And no, QB does not reach out to the printer. Did you search the vendor I encoded?
It is a virtual printer installed by that vendor and IT depends on an intact "core driver package"
that is part of Win7.

I successfully installed the virtual printer to another Win7 pc. Clean, first time.

I completely reinstalled Win7Pro and the problem is solved: the virtual printer package installed
first time, clean, after the Win7Pro reinstall.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Good for you. I marked the problem solved then.

Ask a Question