Freezing

Reaction score
I was going to ask why is Windows 7 freezing so often and it froze before I could start typing.

W7 freezes 10 time more than vista

It appears that I can only do one thing at a time, i open an additional app and it freezes.

I added word and it freezes as I try to work with it, your adds stated that we would be able to add more apps and open more windows faster with no problems.

I am finding that that is not true.

I also checked the Internet and I found multitudes complaining about w7

w7 corrupted about 80 of my vista files when I loaded after running your little check program. The funny big haha is it completely ruined IE8 that I had loaded before hand and your system will not let me reload IE8 even though I have a problem - of note when w7 finished with my IE8 my fav became a list of my music rather than my state and federal government sites.

Your techs spent more than 8 hours and found all my vista files had been corrupted and all I get is " I am so sorry but your files are corrupted and we cannot help you"

Life is great!

I will leave your retribution to God

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Jim - Welcome to w7forums

Message found at the bottom of the page
W7Forums is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.
We are people just like you. We are here to try and help those that are in need. Please don't point a finger at us. If you have a problem and need someone to complain too. This is the wrong place.

If you would like to see if you can get to the bottom of your problem, we would be more than happy to try and help

Reaction score
Hi Jim - Welcome to w7forums

Message found at the bottom of the page

We are people just like you. We are here to try and help those that are in need. Please don't point a finger at us. If you have a problem and need someone to complain too. This is the wrong place.

If you would like to see if you can get to the bottom of your problem, we would be more than happy to try and help
I don't know why Microsoft even messes with upgrades, they should just do clean installs. Sounds like the upgrades create a lot more problems than they're worth.

Reaction score
I don't know why Microsoft even messes with upgrades, they should just do clean installs. Sounds like the upgrades create a lot more problems than they're worth.
There is definantly less problems with the clean install thats for sure

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Remember the XP to Vista upgrades (what a bloody mess !).

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Glad you did miss it Clifford ... a lot of angry people with very messed up comps.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I also checked the Internet and I found multitudes complaining about w7
The main reason most are complaining is because they're doing an upgrade rather than a clean install. IF you would have done you homework prior to installing the Windows 7 Upgrade, you would have realized that a clean install is the only way to go, even though its a hassle and takes a lot of time.

If you can salvage anything off of your system such as files, documents, etc., then do it and then do a clean install of Windows 7. You'll like it much better that the upgrade path.

I truly sympathize with you! I am all self-taught regarding Windows, nine years ago I didn't know doodley squat about it, believe me. Hang in there and things will work out.

Ask a Question