Freash install, need help with setting up

Reaction score
Ok I did my virtual ram, I am installing my programs on a freash 250gig hdd old system.
how do I get it so the user permission pop up dont dim my screen or interrupt my current task ?

also any good things to do before making my recovery disk ?

Reaction score
I always try to make a backup image before and after installing my software

I didnt do one before can you explain how it would help ?

I am doing after my programs because im getting ready to try to make this system last till augest when I will be awarded my funds for collage.........

Then a new build ( yea going with i7 board and proc)

when making a image with w7 does it save your personal setting also ?

Reaction score
Only helps if you have trouble with installations - Once installations are completed successfully - Then the main backup is needed

Reaction score
Ok I am trying for the first time the w7 restore disk maker thingy. I dont knwo if it will make a disk with all my programs installed along with personal settings I.E. games programs and web broswers. does this? I have always just went and downloaded a program form download.com or had my buddy do it for me while i built a new system so its a first......

also I have voip from my isp is there a way to make calls form w7 with out no second party programs ?

How do i get ride of the yellow highlighted "newprograms installed" and the pop up notification menue that asks repeadly for permission ?
its starting to get anoying .......

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
how do I get it so the user permission pop up dont dim my screen or interrupt my current task ?
You can go to Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Settings > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings.

From there, you can adjust the slider to a more appropriate level :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks ian, now I got mine and my girls comps running w7 hwo do we do a network and share files ?? Programs and other stuff I made a home group but I cant share any thing besides docs music movies and pics

Ask a Question