downloading file NOT RESPONDING ???

Reaction score
Hi, there folks i have anthor problem everytime i download a file it freezes my windows up and keeps saying NOT RESPONDING and then i cant do anything it freezes the whole pc up anyone help plz ? im useing windows 7 7000 x64 dan.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does this happen when you try and download using Internet Explorer 8 beta? Are you using any 3rd party download managers/plugins?

Reaction score
Does this happen when you try and download using Internet Explorer 8 beta? Are you using any 3rd party download managers/plugins?
useing firefox ian when the file gets to the end it just freezes up dosnt complete the file properly but it freezes the whole pc up. how will i know if im useing 3rd party pluggin ?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'd know if you had a 3rd party plugin as it would be something you have to install manually (such as "Free Download Manager").

Are you using version 3.0.7? (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/)

You can try running FireFox in safe mode and see if that helps:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, there's something else you should try first :) I've just found this on their help site:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs#Hang_downloading_files

As the download history grows, files may take longer to download and Firefox may appear to hang when downloading. In the Firefox menu, go to "Tools -> Downloads" and click "Clean Up" (Firefox 2) or "Clear List" (Firefox 3) to clear the Download History.

Ask a Question