Have to keep downloading Adobe flash 11

Reaction score
Have to keep downloading Adobe flash 11

This does not work!! My Control panel PRGRAMS shows ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 11.4.402.287, but elsewhere something is telling me i do not have it installed?? WHAT?
Why do I have to keep downloading this program, then it tells me I should download the recent updated version?

As instructed, I have opened INTERNET OPTIONS>SECURITY> MEDIUM LEVEL.

Whenever I go on a Auto parts, OR GROCERY store to look at their adS, I keep getting these "YOU MUST DOWNOAD THE LATEST ADOBE FLASH 11 IN ORDER TOVIEW THESE PAGES."

I ALREDAY HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Still keeps telling me to download latest version. I serched ADOBE FLASH 11 omn my computer and only found the "Uninstall Adobe Flash 11", and any other Adobe Flash programs on my puter and deleted them.

What the heck is going on? I use Windows 7 (64) I.E. 8 ( No longer use Firefox for the same reason)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
When you go to this page, what does it say you have installed under "Version Information"?

Reaction score
Internet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)11.4.402.287
In my CONTROL PANEL I see The latest available version ~ Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.287 ActiveX

Can this somehow be disabled? It's there. But somehow is not working to play.
Internet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)11.4.402.287

Reaction score
What gives with Adobe flash Player?

This is so ridiculous, and not even fun anymore!!! I do consider this a CRASH problem, because it's taking me away from important work I need to perform at this computer.

I have Windows7 64 Bit. I have alwalys downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash player,with no problems until a few months ago. I've reverted back to prevouis versions and the same thing always happens. I have also went into Internet Options>Advanced, and made sure the JAVA Script, or something was checked, loike someone mentioned here...it was, I changed the Security level to what they ask, and again,same problem.

EVEN with Adobe Flash installed, I could be on a website to play a video, or go to a Live chat with MONOPRICE, for instance to ask about HDMI cables using their LIVE CHAT option, which told me I needed the latest Adobe flash player to use the LIVE CHAT feature. So I completely uninstalled the Flash player using the ADOBE Uninstall utility,then download the FLV Player, but that also did not work. Over the course of this past month, I have also ysed Sysyem restore and went back,but that lasted very little until i started getting these messages again! What gives with ADOBE? I'm alittle sick of this crap!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

To ask the obvious question, have you run a virus / malware scan in safe mode?

And I agree Flash is garbage.

Reaction score
Windows 7 64 Bit. IE version 9.0.8112.16421.
Well, I'm still haviing problems!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have real issues speed problems with the current issue of Adobe flash in Firefox so I have stopped updating but until then I used a liked the ease of installing flash updates with a tool called Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater. I suggest you download, install, and run it and see if it can't update you properly to current.

I do not recommend the RealPlayer; I think its' time has passed so I am not telling you to install it but ...
I thought this History of Flash on the Realplayer site might be informative and maybe give you hope that html5 may replace it eventually.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And I agree Flash is garbage.
I don't really like any Adobe product. Fortunately, FoxIt Reader is a great alternative to Adobe Reader. I don't know of any good alternative to Flash. :(

I think I would suggest you run the Uninstaller again, then reboot to make sure anything dangling is cut loose duing the boot.

Note too that most problems with IE9 are due to misbehaving or conflicting add-ons - including toolbars and updaters. So I recommend you reset IE. From within IE, click on Tools > Internet options > Advanced, then click "Reset..." to take IE back to its default settings with no add-ons. Then try to install Flash again. You will then also need to install any other add-on you like, but I recommend keeping them to a minimum.

Ask a Question