Downloading Windows 7 Pro

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased a secondhand Dell computer with the hard drive wiped, but with a Windows 7 Pro COA.
Can anyone help me to reinstall Windows 7 Pro back onto the computer? I do not have a Windows 7 Pro disc.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your help. I have used the download tool to download windows 7 Pro to a usb drive.
I now have trouble loading it to the laptop. It starts to load but when it asked where to load it, I get a message - "setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition. See set up log for more informatio". What do I do?

Reaction score
I am sorry. I can't help you any firther.
One of the pitfalls buying a 2nd hand computer. No telling what else the original had done to it.
Perhaps the mods or someone with better kills than me will come along to assist you.
Good luck.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you sure the hard drive was wiped? Maybe it was completely removed. If you go to your BIOS does it detect the hard drive?

It is also possible the BIOS is set for a RAID hard drive. If so then change that setting or you will need to load the RAID drivers.

It's also possible the hard drive had LINUX on it and still has GRUB boot manager. IF so the MBR record needs fixed for Windows. How to remove GRUB

Ask a Question