Files locked and only visible while downloading to same folder

Reaction score
The title says it all. I have some files locked ( almost everythink I download gets locked) and those files are not visible unless I'm downloading something to the same folder in which case it shows me the file with a padlock on it. How can I fix this? I tried changing permissions and ownership and that didnt work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Where are you trying to store these files (folder path)? Are you logged on as an administrator?

Windows sets aside specific folders for each user and some of those folders are even protected from the user by default. In general your work areas are the Libraries (pictures, videos, music, my documents) plus the download directory. If you store your items there than you should have access.

If you are an administrator and you need access to files/folders that are denying by default you might try the "take ownership" script but please understand messing where you don't belong can corrupt your W7 causing issues so if possible try storing your files to the appropriate library folders and see if that doesn't resolve your issue before trying the Take Ownership script (available in our Freeware DB).

Ask a Question