SOLVED Coprocessor problem?

Reaction score
I know there have probably been countless threads about this; I've looked through some of them to see if they could fix my problem. However, none have so far so I'm coming to you all, hoping to find an answer.

I don't know anything about coprocessors; my knowledge of computers is limited. So when I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate (long story) this past Sunday and installed all the drivers for my devices, I thought everything was okay. (Except for the fact that I'll have to purchase Office again.) When I took a look at the device manager and noticed a warning sign next to my coprocessor I was confused... It said there were no drivers for it. So I looked around and tried everything I saw - nForce chipset drivers, just whatever I could get my hands on just to see if it would work. Nothing did. So, at a complete loss as to what I should try next, I come to you with the question; where are the drivers I need? How do I figure out what my coprocessor is so I can get the right ones?

I've included my DirectX diagnostic, if that helps.

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You're using an ECS motherboard. What version of the MCP73 (suffix) you haven't given though.

Apparently it uses an nVidia single chipset. The coprocessor issue is with THAT chipset.

You need the following driver - NVIDIA MCP73 Chipset Driver, I believe. How old is your setup?

Have you tried Windows Update?

Reaction score
Oh, fantastic! I managed to find the correct drivers to fix the problem; thank you for your help Nibiru!
Just to answer your questions - I've had this same setup since 2008, and I did try Windows Update beforehand. Doesn't really matter now though since the problem is solved, so thank you again!

Ask a Question