Coprocessor in Device Manager

Reaction score
Hai Thair

I been using windows 7 for a while now however i just noticed this nasty bugger in device manager so any ideas where to find this driver(the update driver doesent work and cant find the driver)

Specs are as follows:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7100 Build 7100
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ALEX-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.32, 03/03/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7100.0"
User Name Alex-PC\Alex
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.34 GB
Page File Space 2.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Sorry i forgot,mod move this to drivers section please

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Alex4921, I have this exact same problem. I have found no drivers or software, or updates. I am as stuck as you on this one

Reaction score
I have forgotten alot over the years - Back in the 486 days "Math co-processor" rings a bell - Seems like there was a special processor designed just for math functions to aid the main processor(All in one Chip) - Dont quote me though - Its been along time

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Thrax, but i am still unsure as to how to resolve the issue

Reaction score
Do you think there is something not functioning properly or could it be a false report

Perhaps you could run a test on the CPU to see if it reports something on the Coprocessor

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can try the Vista drivers for the coprocessor, or you can write it off as a device that HP does not yet support. 10:1 says it's completely unimportant to the speed and functionality of your PC, especially if you've only noticed something is wrong because it was in devmgmt.

Reaction score
If you download and install the nvidia drivers from the HP website the coprocessor will go away. Make sure to cancel when it goes to install the storage drivers or your computer will come to a crawl. The drivers will take care of the problem.

Reaction score
If you download and install the nvidia drivers from the HP website the coprocessor will go away. Make sure to cancel when it goes to install the storage drivers or your computer will come to a crawl. The drivers will take care of the problem.
Why would nvidia have anything to do with storage - Are we talking about a chipset driver

Reaction score
the package that HP has is just that. It is a package. This includes the storage drivers. They give you the warning about cancelling installation at the storage drivers. Check it out and see what it will do. I have installed windows 7 about 6 times now on a dv9000 and everytime this took care of the problem.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Why would nvidia have anything to do with storage - Are we talking about a chipset driver
nVidia has made northbridge/southbridge chipsets for several years now. Since about '03 or '04.
NVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hey Alex4921, I have this exact same problem. I have found no drivers or software, or updates. I am as stuck as you on this one
Olg207:
You have an ECS GeForce 6100PM-M2 motherboard, according to your System Specs.

Download your drivers from HERE.

Reaction score
Coprocessor in Device Manager error

Here is what I did.. just used the search computer and selected the windows 7 RC hard drive. Found the Nvidia driver and it installed it.. all is good. It did mention something of the video driver though I had already installed the current video driver from nvidia and it did not fix the problem.

Hope this helps all of you..
DS

Ask a Question