SOLVED Lost coprocessor/internet adapter

Reaction score
I have reloaded Win7 on my desktop due to registry problems. The new Win7 (64 bit) is on a seperate hard drive from the initial one. My problem is that on the initial installation I received a no coprocessor message from Netgear. On the new installation I now do not show any coprocessor on the Device Manager. I show 2 internet adapters, both updated and working properly (according to Win7). However, when I attempt to load the Netgear software I get a message saying that the Internet Adapters are not working.
This is a MSI K9N2 motherboard, but the "auto driver update" does not show a 64 bit driver only a 32 bit driver.

Any suggestions?
I do have the dricer software disc for the motherboard left from the initial build, but am a bit apprehensive on re-installing them.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This driver is over 2 years old and says XP 64-bit so maybe someone else knows a better driver.

OR ...
You might try a product called Device Doctor to scan for updates.

BUT ...
This product can often find similar drivers rather than the right drivers plus it's only as good as it's database is up-to-date, so just like Microsoft update it can suggest outdated device drivers; I don't recommend actually using it to update your system but it can give you some ideas of items to search for at the manufacturers website & if there are more current drivers then download and update them yourself.

So...
If you decide to install Device Doctor then be sure to UNSELECT the toolbar, as with many freeware programs they try to slip in a browser toolbar.

WARNING: Updating drivers can cause issues and require you to restore your system to a prior date so it is a good idea to make system back-ups prior and to make liberal use of restore points. Also the use of programs to update your drivers may result in the same problem - I recommend them as a tool rather than a solution. When you do actually install drivers, create a restore point before each one, do them one at a time, and restart the computer after each one.

And I give the warning because ...
I actually used Device Doctor before and it updated two drivers successfully and then screwed up my system for a third driver (took me 45min-hour to restore in safe mode.)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi lobo012487 ! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

My first question is... why did you install on a separate hard drive? You could have just wiped the other hard drive clean and reinstalled there.

You'll probably need to download the latest drivers for that motherboard's chipsets, LAN chipsets, video card, etc. You didn't state what version of the K9N2 you have, but I don't know if that makes a difference in the drivers.

MSI does show that Windows 7 drivers are available http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N2-Diamond.html#/?div=Driver

The RealTek drivers can be found at: www.realtek.com.tw

I would highly recommend a fresh clean install in the original hard drive, get rid of the other install on the other hard drive.

Install the drivers immediately after install, starting with the NVIDIA nForce MCP72/78 System Drivers first, then the video drivers, then the LAN driver, and so on.

Install this driver during the Windows 7 install when you get to the screen that asks for it. NVIDIA MCP72 SATA RAID / AHCI Driver
Also make sure you have the latest BIOS firmware update installed. Should be version 2.8 Dated 10-12-2010

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I knew if I bumped this thread somebody would catch it this time and know the right drivers. Thanks Nibs.

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones advice.

I have (finally) located the problem with MUCH help from the folks at NVIDIA (kudos to them!). All drivers were updated (except MSI driver, as it shows as a 32 bit driver). However, the ENTIRE disaster was caused by the Netgear router. I chased around on their site/forums for days without finding any help. The folks at NVIDIA finally helped figure it out. I replaced the router yesterday (NOT Netgear thank you) and all seems fine now.

Ask a Question