Coprocessor

Reaction score
I have a ASUS M4N72-E motherboard, AMD Phenom cpu, 4 GB Ram, nVidia GTX 460, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. In devices displayed next to my HDD it has the caution exclamation triangle. The troubleshooter says the coprocessor couldn't find drivers. I have gone to device manager to attempt updating drivers with no success. It displays:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I have gone to nVidia and downloaded the latest nforce 750a sli drivers with no success as well.

Reaction score
Hi Chaze,

Go again to device manager and uninstall the driver. After that restart your PC. It should install automatically. After that check if you still have the problem.

If you do, there are only 4 solutions.
1. Get a CD from your manufacturer if it is still under warranty.
2. Go to the manufacturer's website and try and find the Driver
3. Take it to a Computer technician it will cost you just a few bucks it's just one driver right?
4. Get an Online Driver updater. It is paid though or if you don't have money get it somewhere else for free. But the free ones gives out too many problems which is causing valuable time.

Your Choice bro.
Hope that helps

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
In the device manager on Driver Update for the coprocessor point the update to the nVidia folder in the C drive and it should update from there.

AMD coprocessor can be a bit of a bugger to get updated properly.

STAY AWAY from driver update programs, they're not reliable at all, plus the unneccesary expense involved too. Many times they install out of date drivers.

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I will be trying these solutions once I get home. I will keep this updated with the results.

Reaction score
I pointed the update to the nVidia folder with no success in finding the drivers. I appreciate the response.

Reaction score
I have uninstalled the drivers in device manager, with no success. :(

Reaction score
I have an HP Deskjet F4580 Wireless printer, could this be causing the issue?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The printer should not be causing any problems regarding your situation.

The coprocessor issue is one reason why I shy away from AMD processors these days. Drivers problems, etc.

Did you try installing this chipset driver package from the ASUS site for your motherboard? NVIDIA 15.37 chipset package driver for windows7 32/64 bit.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=5tWNOaMAxGs1FXIQ

Last edited:

Ask a Question