Continous Freezing and frequent BSOD, HeLP Me!!!

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just bought a system yesterday with AMD Phenom II and Gigabyte MoBo.
Config is given below. :)

Problems started when I installed Windows 7.

After login, the system stays for 1-2 mins. Explorer freezes and exits with "Not Responding" problem. But, it will automatically send error to windows and explorer restarts. After some repeat restart of explorer, BLUE SCREEN(BSOD) appears and system restarts.
When I will be opening either Windows Update or Antivirus update or even Windows Media player, again system suddently freezes and restarts with a BLUE SCREEN. I cannot start Windows Update fully, coz of the frequent BSOD restarts.

Most times, quick Blue Screen is showing with MEMORY MANAGEMENT or CACHE MANAGER error.

After some browsing, I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic for 8 passes. No error were reported. I even reinstalled Windows 7.:confused:

Still, the BSOD error continues. I dont know whether it is a RAM problem or Video error. I cant even update also. :mad:
Right now, I am using Ubuntu Live to post this problem.

Also, I am attaching Minidump here within.

Please help me out.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello and welcome...

I'll tell you straight off that something definitely weird is going on here. I've done literally thousands of crash dumps and I see "new" things to me.

Anyhow, we will still take care of the basics and take things from there. You can use safe mode + networking to do what you need if it is necessary.

1) Update the HD audio driver:

Code:
RTKVHDA  RTKVHDA.sys  Tue Aug 18 05:30:35 2009
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

2)
Code:
Rt86win7 Rt86win7.sys Thu Jul 30 07:58:26 2009
Update the network driver:

Use the device manager to see which exact Realtek lan you have. Then search its number at the previous link, on the left side. For example: 8111

3) Update the video card driver:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Thu May 14 16:32:27 2009
NVIDIA

4) Uninstall Easy Tune and all other motherboard utilities that only cause massive headaches.

5) Uninstall Kaspersky in safe mode. Use the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then install MSE as a replacement since it will never bsod on you.

-------

That's all for now. Please post a new crash after doing these things if it becomes necessary. Good luck and please keep us informed in any case.

Reaction score
I couldnt install any drivers coz the system is not at all stable.
And, it doesnt gave me enough time to install any of the drivers before the 2min BSOD comes. :)

Today, I changed the Dynex RAM to two 2GBTranscend DDR3 1333. Now, its working cool now.

But, Right now, the problem is Nvidia error (Code 39).
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I uninstalled and even reinstalled Nvidia drivers. But still the problem persists.

Please help me...

Reaction score
Visit the manufacturer's page for your motherboard. Install the latest bios they have. Reboot to Windows and if the problem still exists, install the latest chipset drivers they have.

If still a problem, then use Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com to clear the machine of all NVIDIA video card drivers, settings and files. Do this in safe mode. Reboot to normal mode and install latest driver from NVIDIA's site, again.

Ask a Question