SOLVED Bluescreen frequently

Reaction score
Hi

I've been having problems with Bluescreens for a long time now, sometimes it can be weeks between the bsods and sometimes i get them up to 10 times a day. I haven't really figured out what the problem could and that's why i came here :) It feels like i've been trying everything, i've updated all drivers, reset my clocks to default and run Ram and Harddrive tests, since nothing have been working for, well sometimes i've imagined that it was drivers cuz it could take like 2 weeks for the next bsod to happen after driver updates, but then i got one and I didn't care to update my drivers again (happened a lot of times). So now my drivers aren't really up to date again.. but it feels like it can't be the drivers that make me bsod instantly after there is new ones?

I'll upload my minidumps that i have, they disappear sometimes so now i only have 4.

It happens most of the time when im playing, surfing or even just listening to music. but rarely when my computer isn't used. Sometimes when im starting my computer after a bsod the beep won't come and my computer doesn't start and i have to wait awhile for it to work. I know that this sounds like it is the Ram memories that's having a problem, but it isn't i've tried 3 different Ram memories and the ram tests says that im fine.. And finally sometimes when i get the bsods my sound get stuck and my screen will go wild with crazy colors :p

Would really be cool if some1 would figure this out.

Attachments

Reaction score
Please help me, could some1 atleast look at the dumps and tell me what they point to :)

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
So the mini dumps were all pointing to different things.

To do:
1/ If you are over clocking, stop. Set your BIOS back to a normal state.
2/ Check all your drivers anyway. It never hurts to ensure the latest version.
3/ Run a stress test on your CPU. https://www.w7forums.com/prime95-cpu-stress-testing-t9038.html One of the mini dumps was complaining about your CPU.
4/ Check that the fan is running on your CPU and clear of dust.

Let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi again and thanks :)

When i ran the CPU test my computer got bluescreen, i tried 3 times and i got one after about 10minutes, so that points to a problem with the CPU right? So now i wonder is it the CPU or could it possibly be if i have a too small power supply? i have a 500w power supply. Or maybe drivers, i can't really find any drivers for the cpu. It's not a problem if it is the CPU that's failing because i still have a warranty on it but it would be nice if it wasn't :)

thx in advance

EDIT: added some more dumpfiles, 4 of em is from today and 1 from 2 days ago

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did the test and im pretty impressed about the result differences between the windows memory test and this one, i'll upload a picture of the memtest86+ And it seems like the Ram is the problem with all those errors? But the wierd part is that i bought new Ram memories for about a half year ago when i had this same problem and that didn't solve it. Maybe both of my Ram sets isn't compatible with my motherboard? I uploaded a .rar too that decompresses into a .pdf that lists all my compatible RAM memories, do it have to be one of those? Thx for getting me this far :)

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
What is you RAM configuration? 1 x 4Gb or 2 x 2Gb?

If it is 2 x 2Gb then you need to remove one RAM stick and re-test. You need to find which RAM stick is faulty.
Then you need to swap the RAM stick in the motherboards RAM slots to make sure that the RAM slots on the motherboard are not faulty.

Yes, if the motherboard manufacturer has a list of memory that works with its motherboard, then it is best to stick to it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not an expert on this, just spewing info I have seen here many times .... It could easily be that your timings are set up in BIOS wrong for the memory sticks you have, sometimes if you accept the default settings in BIOS they may not be correct for the RAM you bought. You need to check the proper timing/voltage for your RAM chips and set that in BIOS.

Also when you bought new RAM did you replace all of it or just add more; the reason I ask is because matching memory is usually best.

If you specify and the RAM make/model some of the gurus here might be able to help with finding those proper timing settings if you can't find it on the web. If you know the MOBO make/model you might throw that out here as well.

Reaction score
I have 2 x 2Gb , i will try each with 10 passes and see what results i get.

And atm i'm using KVR1333D3E9SK2/4G, kit of 2, 1.5V and i replaced my 2 old ram memories instead just adding these two. My motherboard is a Asus M4A78LT-M, would be cool if it only was the timings that's wrong.

Reaction score
Today when i used the first RAM memory in slot one i instantly started to get errors, but now im triying the RAM in slot two and will let it run for 10 passes, BUT what i wanted to tell now is that when i get the Bsods i often can't start the computer because it won't "beep" until i restart it a couple of times.. now im really coming to what i wanted to say, today when i got a bsod when i was going to start it i didn't get a beep as usual and pressed the power button to restart it a couple of times, and then one time when i pressed the button it sayd something about a corrupt bios or something like that and asked for a CD or USB with M4A78LT-M.rom file, but i just restarted the computer again and it started. So what is going on?

Shintaro

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]As a safety precaution, download the BIOS for the motherboard and put it on a USB (the M4A78LT-M.rom) that has been formatted with the old FAT file system.

If it doesn't start, don't use the reset button. Power off the computer completely, even switch the power off at the wall (socket) wait a few seconds, then switch it back on.

The constant resetting of the PC is what is causing your motherboard to complain.

Unfortunately you need to still keep testing the RAM.[/FONT]

Reaction score
I've tested 1 RAM in both slot 1 and slot 2 now, in slot 1 i started to get errors in pass 0 already, but in slot 2 i had no errors after 21 passes, so that indicates that there is a problem in slot 1? I will test my 2nd ram in slot1 too and see what happens, and if i get errors i will try in slot 3 and 4 :)

Reaction score
Finnished testing now,only first slot that gave errors as mentioned before. But the thing is that i've tried to have my 2 RAM memories in both slot 1&2 and 3&4 and have got those bluescreen so this is making my head a bit dizzy i hoped for errors in one of the 3rd or 4th slots too so that i would be certain that it's the mobo that's the problem, now im thinking if there is a problem when i use both RAM and not when using one? or could it be that i run on a x86 Windows 7 Ultimate with 4GBs ram?

Shintaro

Reaction score
When you tested the RAM you needed some type of test method written down. For example:

Slot 1 - RAM Stick 1 = Fail
Slot 1 - RAM Stick 2 = OK

Slot 2 - RAM Stick 1 = Fail
Slot 2 - RAM Stick 2 = OK
etc

Are you able to do something like that? I'm sorry I don't quite understand you.

Reaction score
Sorry if i wasn't really clear :D

Slot 1 - RAM stick 1 = Fail
Slot 2 - RAM stick 1 = OK
Slot 3 - RAM stick 2 = OK
Slot 4 - RAM stick 2 = OK

Slot 3&4 RAM stick 1&2 = Bsod :(
Slot 1&2 RAM stick 1&2 = Bsod

I would like to add that i ran all tests for 20+ passes except first slot that gave me errors almost instantly

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's right now when i look at my paper over the tests, will do it over the night and tell you tomorrow what the result is

Shintaro

Reaction score
Also make sure that your motherboard will allow RAM in slots 3 & 4 by themselves. Most motherboards need RAM to be in Slots 1 & 2 before you can use slots 3 & 4.

Reaction score
Sorry for not answering lately, i was in a car accident and have been laying at the hospital for a couple of days..

I tried both memories in Slot 1 and this time i didn't get any errors at all, did 13 and 14 passes..

thx for being patient with me :)

Ask a Question