Bluescreen's Help.

Reaction score
Well i have been getting bluescreens for a month now and they are really starting to get annoying and i really need someone to help me, I can build computers really fine its just that i have not allot of experience with Blue screens because i usually never have them.

The main errors are:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ( Caused by ntoskrnl.exe & nvlddmkm.sys )
INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( Caused by ntoskrnl.exe & nvlddmkm.sys )
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( Caused by ntoskrnl.exe )
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( Caused by dxgmms1.sys )

Im attaching Minidump's ( 4 of them ) and my DxDiag.

If you need me to do anything to get this problem fixed i will be very cooperative.

Thank you. :)

Attachments

Reaction score
On the computer for an hour or so and another Blue screen.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( Caused by ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys and tdx.sys )

The mini dump for this is attached, Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Reaction score
No luck, The computer ran into yet another bluescreen.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( Caused by nvlddmkm.sys )

Minidump attached.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could you please run Windows update, to ensure that you have all the patches from MS.

Then please run Driver Verifier:

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)
Driver verifier

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:

1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
  5. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  6. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  7. Select "Finish" on the next page.

• Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
  • Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
  • The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
These three driver might conflicting with your system and need to be updated:

Direct X
Nvidia Graphics Card
Memory Problem ( Run memory test from system recovery options)

Update video card as Shintaro suggested.

To update the Nvidia Graphics Card, follow the below steps. But before that, test your Nvidia graphics card using OCCT

1) Go to C:\NVidia .
2) Hunt for a file named nvlddmkm.sy
3) Copy the file to root of the C driver i.e., C:\
4) Go to the system driver folder C:\WindowsSystem32\Drivers and rename the file nvlddmkm.sys to nvlddmkm.sys.old
5) open Command prompt and run the following command after going to root of the C drive 'expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys'
6) This will extract the file from the nvlddmkm.sys that you have already created and create a new nvlddmkm.sys.
7) Copy the same file to C:\WindowsSystem\32drivers and restart your system.

That's it.
P.S.: Before updating driver, You need to remove all it's trace. For the same, You can download and install Guru 3D: Driver Sweeper

Shintaro

Reaction score
Also, could you please uninstall Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility.

Reaction score
Also, could you please uninstall Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility.
I'm not quite sure what this is, I have a few programs installed from Asus is there a different name? Also i have done the driver verify-er thing. Thanks

Reaction score
Yes i do, I have installed i think most of them, Is that bad? And i updated the video card on the MSI website but the version is older than the current Nvidia version?

Shintaro

Reaction score
It's not bad, its just as things get old, other things change around them.
Do you use any of those utilities?

The reason I asked you to install the older driver was to see if the problem was with the new driver.

Reaction score
The only utility i use is ASUS EPU-4 Engine, But i have installed all these utilities about a week or two ago and the blue screens were happening before this.

Reaction score
Agree Shintaro, But I think ATK0110 ACPI Utility don't causing the BSOD's.

Thanks
Oliver

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, if it crashes again please upload them.
I think he meant "unload" them, please don't upload the ASUS utilities to w7forums.

EDIT: maybe I misunderstood. IF it BSODs again then by all means upload the DMP files

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have just rebooted my computer and it has gone into a bluescreen loop and it wont stop it loads up and gets to the windows logo then bluescreens, I cant even access the computer because of this. This is my first restart after the Driver verifyer thing and it did say something about it will bluescreen. please help. Im on my BIOS internet brower.

Reaction score
Just had to do a System restore, Because the computer would not go into safe mode. It has restored about an hour. The system blue screened and it gave me a new mini dump attached.

Attachments

Ask a Question