SIW - System Information for Windows

Reaction score
SIW Home
SIW is an advanced System Information for Windows tool that gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings and displays it in an extremely comprehensible manner.

SIW can create a report file (CSV, HTML, TXT or XML), and is able to run in batch mode (for Computer Software and Hardware Inventory, Asset Inventory Tracking, Audit Software Licenses, Software License Compliance).

The system information is divided into few major categories:
  • Software Inventory: Operating System, Installed Software and Hotfixes, Processes, Services, Users, Open Files, System Uptime, Installed Codecs, Software Licenses (Product Keys / Serial Numbers / CD Key), Passwords Recovery.
  • Hardware Inventory: Motherboard, CPU, Sensors, BIOS, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB and ISA/PnP Devices, Memory, Video Card, Monitor, Disk Drives, CD/DVD Devices, SCSI Devices, S.M.A.R.T., Ports, Printers.
  • Network Information: Network Cards, Network Shares, currently active Network Connections, Open Ports.
  • Network Tools: MAC Address Changer, Neighborhood Scan, Ping, Trace, Statistics
  • Miscellaneous Tools: Eureka! (Reveal lost passwords hidden behind asterisks), Monitor Test, Shutdown / Restart.
  • Real-time monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage and Network Traffic.

SIW is a standalone utility that does not require installation (Portable Freeware) - one less installed program on your PC as well the fact that you can run the program directly from an USB flash drive, from a network drive or from a domain login script.

SIW can be distributed freely (ftp, archives, CD-ROMs ...).

• Client Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / Windows XP / 2000 / NT4 / Me / 98 / Media Center / Tablet PC / WinRE / Bart PE / Winternals ERD Commander
  • Server Platform: Windows Server 2008 (R2) / Windows Server 2003 (R2) / Windows Server 2000 / NT4
SIW Home

NOTE: It seems they have chosen to discontinue the free home version but it can still be found at sites online which maintain links to older versions

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Its a really nice program/software...give every detail of the system hardware,software, & all other details that help a user to understand more about their loved PC..

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This is an awesome app.

But - it's not like you need to know all your sys info everyday... I don't really see the point of installing it though. Would be better as standalone.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score

But - it's not like you need to know all your sys info everyday... I don't really see the point of installing it though. Would be better as standalone.
I have it on all of my Windows 7 installs, it doesn't take much drive space, and only runs when you want it to.

It's a great app to have, especially it being free, and offers so much information within seconds.

Cat

Reaction score

The best alternative to SIW (to some extent) is CPU-Z which gives you only the basic information & not a complete report but something that a normal user need to know...:D

Ask a Question