WordPad does not save to original file

Reaction score
Open a text file with an extention other than txt. When you save the file as text only it adds a .txt to the end. sample.cmd will become sample.cmd.txt. Very annoying when editing. Even if you click the file you want to save to it ask if you want to overwrite but does not overwrite. Windows 7 build 7000 did not have this glitch. Microsoft has just about made this program useless to me first they did away with the option to disable the autoword select. I have been fighting for weeks now hoping they would add the option back. Now I am having trouble saving.

Reaction score
Windows 7 Release Candidate fixed the save problem. Now if they would just put the option to disable the autoword select in the new ribbon bar - I would be a happy camper. Atleast now I can use it - just alittle annoying using the keyboard to highlite text.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for updating the thread with the new info Clifford! That's good that they have changed it, as I often create .bat / .php files with wordpad and it would be a pain to rename each file manually.

Ask a Question