Windows keeps going to sleep

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with win7, my computer always goes to sleep if I don't use it, I have gone into power management and set NEVER to sleep mode, Hdd, Monitor and everything else I can. It goes to sleep, then I have to press the sleep button on my keyboard to wake it up, and it takes ages, it is quicker to shut down and reboot.

Ok, if I can't stop it from going to sleep, is there anything, i.e. program that will keep it awake.

Your help and advice is appreciated
Thanks and Regards
Bob

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Is the computer a laptop or desktop?

Could you type "command prompt" in to the start menu search box, then right click on the result and "run as administrator". Then, can you run "powercfg -ENERGY" from the command prompt.

This will create a report which you can open with a browser and let you know if there are any problems with power management, or if any application has a handle on controlling it.

Reaction score
Winows keeps going to sleep

Hi Ian,
thanks for the reply, it is a desktop. I have type command prompt into the search box, it gives me two results both command prompt, but does nothing when I right click on them, maybe doing something wrong, please bear with me
Thanks and Regards
Bob

Ask a Question