SOLVED Win10 keeps trying to download on Windows Updates for Nov '15 Updates, even though it is not listed.

Reaction score
I downloaded all of the Windows Updates for November 2015 onto my desktop without any problems. However, when I tried to do the same with my laptop, it keeps trying to download Win10, even though it is not listed in the available updates. I decided to try one at a time, with different updates, but, no matter which one I tried, it always tries to download Win10. How to stop this??? I have my settings on: Check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them...it has always been at that setting. Can anyone assist with this? Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Well, I gotta say that this month's updates are very strange. I had a hold on the remaining updates on my laptop...mainly because every one of them said it was Win10. I was working on my desktop for awhile, and went back in to check on the laptop, and, lo and behold, the rest of the updates downloaded and installed, even though I had a hold on them...and none of them were the Win10 download...very, very strange. Guess I can close this thread. Have no idea as to what to say...been building and repairing PCs for 18 years now, and I have not seen anything like this before!

Ask a Question