Windows Games not working

Reaction score
I have just downloaded Windows 7 RC and installed it on my PC but it is not able to load even simple games like FreeCell, Solitare, etc. When the game starts it says "Executable file for FreeCell game has stopped working". Plz.. could any one provide me with support for this

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So this is a totally clean install? You could try using the add/remove windows components section to try and remove all of the MS games, reboot, then try and re-add them.

However, if it is a clean install I would just try installing Windows 7 RC again. :)

Reaction score
Did the installation go normal as planed? or did it come up with error messages, what is your PC spec, in specific your graphics, could always be a problem with the OS, they are releasing an official update tommorow, install the update tommorow and see if anything happens, and check for new updates anyway.

Reaction score
Thank you for the Support
But still the games aren't working I even tried to reinstall my Windows.
Maybe it's a bug with Windows 7 64bit versions shall be corrected in the next major update

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd try a fresh install with the RC if you want to try and fix it, as they should work fine in 64 bit mode :).

Reaction score
It could be the rate at which you burned the ISO image, what you using by the way?
Try and burn another copy at the slowest possible speed, e.g. 1x

Reaction score
I was using a moderate speed of 16x bt will try to burn with 1x also; but what difference will that make?

Reaction score
I was using a moderate speed of 16x bt will try to burn with 1x also; but what difference will that make?
it is like cutting a vegi if you try to cut it as fast as you can it gets sloppy cuts, if you take your time and cut the vegi it will come out as desired with little chance of curruption

bassically you are burrning in to a disk a image the faster you burn the more chance you will over write a sector, I always burn my iso in 8x its better to take the extra time and do it right the first time then have to redo it by any chance over agian.........

Reaction score
interesting i'll take a mental note of burn speeds, ij ust learned something new, thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Sorry bout the such long reply, basically choosing a lower speed of burn, makes the burn and write process much more accurate. Another pointer you could do is a repair install. Since it has been 3 weeks though, i suppose you have fixed it?

Reaction score
i have same problem !! i have tryed everything and i cannot get windows games to work , please help!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I know that in Windows 7 Professional the Windows Games feature is NOT enabled automatically.

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows Features on or off, you will see GAMES listed, check the box to enable them and click okay. It will load the games and then may ask for a reboot. After that you should be good to go.

Ask a Question