Windows games

Reaction score
The games included in Windows 7 are now jerky in movement and only respond to mouse clicks after several attempts. The icon showing in the tray at the bottom of the screen also move while I am playing. What is going on here and how do I fix it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like your machine is freezing. Biggest threat, you may have a virus. Also could be a hardware problem (RAM, monitor, mouse maybe).

I would start with virus check. What A/V software do you use? Is it up-to-date? When was the last scan? Suggest you run a complete scan now.
You might try downloading several iterations of RKILL as well as Malwarebytes and then run RKILL, at least 2 or 3 of the versions of it and then without rebooting run malwarebytes (NOTE: when installing/running malwarebytes do NOT enable the free trial version if you already are using some A/V software as they can conflict) Just run the manual scan. Links to RKILL and Malwarebytes are in our Freeware DB.

Is this a new custom build, could very well be memory settings/timing? very common issue.

Reaction score
I have been running Spyware doctor and recently added Microsoft security essentials. Scans daily and regular updates on both. I downloaded Rkill as you suggested and also the free ARO 2011. Ran them and got a couple of hits in the harmful items category( removed them) but the problem with jumping games still persists. My computer is from Dell with no custom stuff.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would check out the ARO reviews and then delete it.

"TERRIBLE RIPOFF"
Pros: ABSOLUTELY NONE
Cons: OVER SEVERAL MONTHS, IT MESSED UP MY COMPUTER BY REMOVING CRITICAL PARTS OF MY PROGRAMS, SO THEY WILL NOT RUN ANY MORE. NOW SAMMSOFT WILL NOT EVEN REFUND MY PURCHASE PRICE, TO SAY NOTHING ABOUT REPLACING THE DAMAGED PROGRAMS.

"ABSOLUTE GARBAGE"
Pros: NONE; ZILCH; ZERO
Cons: Software crashed my computer then after calling support they transferred me and tried to get me to purchase more software to fix something that wasn't broke until I installed there software. Complete SCAM!!!

Use CCleaner instead of ARO.

But you should also install Malwarebytes and run it as a passive scan (in other words run it manually but don't activate the trial to run it active/in memory). MSE can be your active AV and then Malwarebytes you can run manually every week or two as additional defense in case MSE misses something.

But anyway, it sounds like it is not a virus, which is good so I suggest you move on to Thrax's idea of updating your video drivers.

Reaction score
do you have windows defender running at same time as the others. running more than one anti-virus protection will cause interferrience with other programs cause they all see each other as malware. i have webroot with windows defender on but to run manuel, i have advanced system care and run it manuel. advanced system care is a free version with option for buying it. if your a gamer it has a download for game booster, that lets you shut down certain programs that you dont need when playing games.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Note that Windows Defender is an anti-spyware solution only. It is not an anti-malware solution.

MSE is a full anti-malware solution (anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-Trojan, etc.) and automatically disables Windows Defender upon installation.

You do not need, and should not run Spyware Doctor and MSE at the same time. While conflicts are not the problem they used to be, it is still two dogs guarding the same bone - at best, running both at the same time unnecessarily ties up extra resources (RAM and CPU utilization). I recommend disabling (or uninstalling Spyware Doctor) and sticking with MSE as your main AM solution. Then use MBAM (or SD if you keep it) for "on-demand" supplemental scanning.

Ask a Question