Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Reaction score
At the moment I'm on long-term leave due to a medical condition. I have lost touch with development and progress of Windows 7 lately and did not realise it had actually gone RTM. Although this is actually RTM it does not mean it's actually going to be the final release, because as far as I'm aware it has not actually gone gold yet.

I seen on Amazon's UK website that they have prices for Windows Ultimate now, and that it comes with 32-Bit and 64-Bit on one DVD CD... can somebody clarify this for me please, because Windows Vista Ultimate came on two separate DVD CD's 32-Bit and 64-Bit but Amazon are stating for your convenience it comes with 32-Bit and 64-Bit all on one DVD CD...?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows 7 has gone RTM, so it means that the development has been finalised and it is the same version that we will be able to buy later in the year. Some people (such as Technet, MSDN and Microsoft Partners) get access to Windows 7 a little earlier, so by the time it rolls out there is some familiarisation.

Amazon states "32-bit or 64-bit? For your convenience, every copy of Windows 7 Home Premium includes both 32-bit and 64-bit discs.", so I guess you'll get 2 discs from which you can choose :)

Reaction score
Windows 7 has gone RTM, so it means that the development has been finalised and it is the same version that we will be able to buy later in the year. Some people (such as Technet, MSDN and Microsoft Partners) get access to Windows 7 a little earlier, so by the time it rolls out there is some familiarisation.

Amazon states "32-bit or 64-bit? For your convenience, every copy of Windows 7 Home Premium includes both 32-bit and 64-bit discs.", so I guess you'll get 2 discs from which you can choose :)
Yeah that's what I thought... I cannot believe the Ultimate E edition is only £199.99 to buy from Microsoft and £189.99 from Amazon. How come the Ultimate version is so cheap compared with Vista Ultimate when it first came out was... I think it was £399.99 for the 64-Bit version.

Reaction score
Because Microsoft realized that Vista's pricing was mind-numbingly stupid.

Ask a Question