Windows 7 retail version 32 bit to 64 bit

Reaction score
I have installed Windows 7 32 bit on one pc and 64 bit on my two other PCs. Am I right in thinking I can upgrade the 32 bit PC to 64 bit by using the 64 bit CD and doing a clean install - and use the same 32 bit licence code for the 64 bit version?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have installed Windows 7 32 bit on one pc and 64 bit on my two other PCs. Am I right in thinking I can upgrade the 32 bit PC to 64 bit by using the 64 bit CD and doing a clean install - and use the same 32 bit licence code for the 64 bit version?
Yes you can as long as the product key has NOT been used for another 64-bit install.

Only one install per product key regardless of whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit. The product key good for both versions, just one install though.

Have Fun!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome tigertop 10 to the Windows 7 Forums website!

Ask a Question