SOLVED Windows 7 reboots ....without any notice...?

Reaction score
Windows 7 ultimate restarting even after reinstalling windows?

windows 7 ultimate restarting again and again after some span of time....... even after reinstalling windows...???....Windows i used to instalI is working f9 on other pc's ,it restarts without any notification,there is no problem in installing any other application or driver but mostly it gets restart when I hit the window logo button on desktop.....:(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would suspect a hardware issue such as a short in your power button or if it is a laptop it may be powering down when battery power is low.

Reaction score
no it is not laptop , this problem is in my desktop pc .......if there had been a hardware issue it would have not been working fine in safe mode ..... no reboots or resets in safe mode or safe mode with networking.....:(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you tried a different keyboard?

Also go in to control panel > power options and try "high performance".

Also verify it isn't a virus. It would be highly unlikely it would survive a reinstall but maybe it was in your data or in a program you reinstalled so better to be safe and check. See my post HERE.

I would also run memtest86+ for 6 to 10 passes and verify it isn't loose or bad RAM.

Reaction score
i hv done power settings to high performance ...... and I hv reinstalled windows from the DVD that is working fine on other pc's ....... it reboots when I power it up in normal mode ....... but working fine in safe mode ..... !!! :(

Reaction score
pc specs are ...

Win 7 ultimate,hd around 75 GB,32 bit,

Installed physical memory(RAM) 2 GB

total physical memory 1.99 GB

available physical memory 1.28 GB

total virtual memory 3.98 GB

Available Virtual memory 3.32

page file space 1.99 GB

Last edited:
Reaction score
It could a variety of things. Power supply, mains power cable, actual glitch on the electrical service to your house or the wall socket, etc.

I had a similar problem on my client's machine. The problem turned out to be the power button. ( In my case actually it was a piece of fancy plastic so called dust proof decoration covering the actual button. It had lost its flex and would accidentally press the button.)

Go into power settings and disable any action on pressing the power button. It normally defaults to shutdown. It is a very quick way to shutdown the PC with a single click , No single press !

Reaction score
why works ok in safe mode ....?

It could a variety of things. Power supply, mains power cable, actual glitch on the electrical service to your house or the wall socket, etc.

I had a similar problem on my client's machine. The problem turned out to be the power button. ( In my case actually it was a piece of fancy plastic so called dust proof decoration covering the actual button. It had lost its flex and would accidentally press the button.)

Go into power settings and disable any action on pressing the power button. It normally defaults to shutdown. It is a very quick way to shutdown the PC with a single click , No single press !
If it is a power related problem then why it works fine in safe mode and safe mode with networking ..... I mean then why it doesn't reboot in safe mode if there a problem in button or some other power issue .......!!!!!! Any buddy pls help me out ....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It could be a virus or some software shutting you down.

Your memory could be getting hot and loosing contact.

There are so many things it could be. All we can do is guess and tell you it's not likely a W7 problem.

Reaction score
If it is a power related problem then why it works fine in safe mode and safe mode with networking ..... I mean then why it doesn't reboot in safe mode if there a problem in button or some other power issue .......!!!!!! Any buddy pls help me out ....
I jad just mentioned a few of the problem, not necessarily pertaining to your system. If it runs just fine in safe mode then it very definitely means that some driver or software (not loaded under safe node) is creating the problem. A number of drivers revert to the very basic ones like for video card or the monitor. It could also be that some areas of memory are glitchy and are not accessed / used under minimalist loading under safe mode. On one of my machines this kind of problem cropped up with one of the 2 DDR2-800 chips. The same would work perfectly on an older machine at 450 Mhz but showed quite a few problem areas at 800 Mhz when tested with Memtest86 v4.0. I realised this when without having any rebooting kind of problem I started getting a lot of corruption in downloaded files.

I would suggest you try and see if you can go into power configuration under safe mode. If you can't make changes then try turning off the "power button" option under normal mode. That should solve your problem IF that is the problem.

You could also try one of the live Linux boot images to see if it behaves any differently.

Reaction score
Working now in normal mode ...

thanks to trainable man and pmshah for helping me out and giving me suggestions...now let me tell you how it start working in normal mode.......................After trying everything 2day I went to computer shop with that safe mode pc and tell them the problem and also asked them to check it by plugging other graphics card but they plugged in there adhoc power supply and it started working f9 .........I was like :D .....but thinking to pay them for power supply but After they plugged my power supply bak it also started working fine which makes me :lol: ......
so the problem was in some power connections connected loosely which I realized after he plugged bak all connections after removing adhoc supply.....

Ask a Question