Are you satisfied with Windows 7?

Muz

Reaction score
Are you satisfied with this product? What kind of modification does it need?

Reaction score
It is fine the way it is, other than the fact Microsoft has now injected spyware into it via embedded security Windows Updates.

Meaning I refuse to update the system with patches prior to April 2015.

Muz

Reaction score
Do you think it has bad luck precedence from Windows Vista? Since Windows 7 is based as Windows Vista kernel.

Reaction score
I find Windows 7 is far better than Windows Vista and Windows 8 and 8.2. I have tried Windows 10 but I'm not really feeling it. I think Windows has gone downhill since they made Windows Vista tbh.

Muz

Reaction score
What is the point of Microsoft to release Windows Vista, if it is gone downhill? I mean is it really downhill?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
XP was popular.
Vista was very unpopular and most refused to upgrade.
Win 7 was & still is popular, as many large corporations still use this OS.
Win 8/8.1 switched from menus to tiles which was very different so many people found it difficult to transition and many even downgraded to 7. It was not a huge failure like Vista because some people like the tiles, but it also was not as successful as Microsoft had hoped.
Windows 10 learned from the mistakes of 8 and offered both the tiles & the menu plus it was available free for about a year to encourage people to switch.

The truth is you will likely use the OS that came on the computer you buy. If your old computer with Win 7 breaks then if you stick with a Microsoft OS then your new computer will likely be one designed for Win 10. If you buy a computer designed for Win 10, it is unlikely you will even get it to function 100% if you try to install an older Windows OS. Manufacturers have an incentive to write drivers to work with the current OS that will be shipped with their hardware; they have much less incentive to pay programmers to write software for older OSes and there are just so many drivers to make all the pieces communicate that you invariably find some tiny piece(s) that will not function on the older OS.

The good news is that within a couple months of using Win10 you will hardly remember what things are missing.

So has it gone downhill? I don't believe it has; it has simply changed. Most of us resist change, some embrace it, but it will come either way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have used windows 10 on 2 different computers and got hacked several times then they shut me down so that i had to buy a new hard drive twice.I never had a problem with windows 7,and so went back to 7.I haven't ever been hacked sense,I had the best security I could get,yet they blew right through it.I dont want to ever use windows 10 again,they cost me alot of money.But now they are going to stop updates for the best windows they had.Dont figure.I think they should have to keep updating 7,we paid for it.

Reaction score
I have been totally happy with W7 since I was first dragged kicking and screaming away from XP. I am sticking with it and if it dies I will go to Linux rather than anything else Microsoft is pushing.

Reaction score
Windows 7 was definitively a milestone and I still support a number of machines running it a daily basis in a production environment.

However, it is time to move on because MS will soon stop delivering security patches.

Like it or not, the future is Windows 10

Reaction score
Perhaps your future is, but not everyone's. We are all free to choose, for our own reasons. :)

Ask a Question