Windows 7 random freezes SOLUTION

Reaction score
I installed the RTM version of windows 7 awhile back and was experiencing random freezes and quite often. I could not find any solutions for the freezes and lock-ups so i went back to windows xp.

Well I went back to windows 7, now im running professional version and after getting a virus i had to reinstall windows 7 again, but this time the freezes were back. I just found a solution to my problem and had to get this to the public.

I went under my display properties right click desktop/personalize/display/change display settings/advanced settings/list all modes. My monitor was set on 85hz refresh rate which seemed crazy as it has always been 60-75hz under xp.

I changed it to 60hz and has been working fine ever since. If you solved the random freezes another way or found this to help let us know. I wanted to get a good thread on this issue and give back to the community. Peace out

But its not fixed.!

Last edited:
Reaction score
UPDATE:

It was not the refresh rate but it was the SiS 900 LAN Driver. I reverted back to the 1.16 from 2002 and it should be fixed. If it freezes again believe me i will let you know.

Reaction score
NOT FIXED

Alright the problem is continueing to happen. I even disable my anti-virus thinking that was it.

SYSTEM SPECS:

ASUS P4S800D-X Motherboard
INTEL P4 Prescott HT CPU

I think thats all thats relavent. I even tried turning my timing down to lowest setting on ram. Can anyone help this is crazy.

Reaction score
Hi zilla_boi_p4 - Welcome to w7forums

Which AGP graphics card are you using?
Windows 7 may need better graphics than you currently have.

Ask a Question