SOLVED Windows 7 Random Freezes and BSOD

Reaction score
Hi! First time making a post here on w7forums :)
Windows have recently started freezing randomly, it's kind of wierd. I can move the cursor but everything else on the screen freezes. 1 Week ago I started getting BSOD. The first one said something like 0x7A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR NTFS.sys. Thats the only things that I remember from the blue screen, did not take a photo:( after that I got more BSOD and those were 0xF4. I ran HDD Regenerator and there was nothing wrong with my HDD. And I also ran Memtest and there were also nothing wrong there. Does anyone here have any solution?

Thanks
Best regards DeaXzZ

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 forums.

Please follow these instructions for getting help with crashes:
To post your crash dumps, please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy the files in there to any other folder on the machine. Then zip or rar the files and attach the compressed file to your post using the paperclip above where you type. If you don't have any minidump files available after a crash, you may need to enable them using this tutorial.

Windows 7 has built-in zipping abilities. All you have to do is highlight the file(s), right click them and choose "send to" and then "Compressed (zip) folder".

It would also help if you fill in your system specs page so that we known as much information about your system as possible, especially the motherboard motherboard model (you can use CPU-Z to find out, if you aren't sure).
Source: https://www.w7forums.com/get-bsod-and-crash-debugging-assistance-t9023.html

Reaction score
Thanks alot! It looks like that solved it. so far the computer havent freezed :)

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am always happy to help.

If you have any questions in the future please don't hesitate to ask.

Reaction score
Hi again. So the computer have started freezing again, and I got another BSOD 0xF4. I have included the new minidump. Got any ideas on what it could be that causes this?

Attachments

Reaction score
ok LAN driver updated! Don't know if it worked but so far the computer haven't freezed or gotten a blue screen :) I guess i can only wait and see. Thanks again for the help.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From the error you're describing, it could be the following problem as stated at Micrsoft Answers website:

The error code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR STOP: 0x0000007A states that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. It appears that there are some issues with the hard disk.

Method 1: I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a) Click on Start, type Command Prompt, right click on it and select to run as administrator.
b) In command prompt, type chkdsk volume: /f /r and hit enter to check and repair any volume disk errors or bad sectors present on the drive which would be causing this problem.

Refer to “Check a drive for errors” http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Method 2: AlsoI would suggest you to try the steps from the link below which would help you to resolving, stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Reaction score
I just got another Blue screen so the problem dosn't seem to be fixed. This time the screen froze but I still had sound, after about 1 min I got a blue screen. I have already done chkdsk a few times and also Memtest and HDD Regenerator. Also added the updated minidump folder. Got any more ideas I can test?
Best Regards DeaXzZ

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Those crash files are the old ones. The date of the last one is the 15th of Aug.

I need to see the latest ones.

Reaction score
oh sorry about that, dosn't seem to have gotten a minidump file from the blue screen today, dunno why. the blue screen went away really fast and the computer restarted. is there any other crash files on the computer that i can send?

Shintaro

Reaction score
My apologies for the late responce.

Do you have any new crash files?

Reaction score
It's ok, I forgot to mark this thread as solved. There seem to have been a problem with the hard drive, I tried to reinstall windows. But I got an blue screen 30min after the install was complete. So I bought a SSD and everything is working fine :) Thanks for all the help anyways!

Ask a Question