Windows 7 keeps giving me BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

Reaction score
I've had vista for the past year and this has never happend, soon as I install Windows 7 atleast once a day my laptop will randomly "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" with either the error "PFN LIST CORRUPT" OR "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO" can you shed any light on this?

Reaction score
Did you perform an upgrade or a clean install? About how old is your PC? Can you give us some system specifications?

Reaction score
i was getting the blue screen regualar and i had to take out one of my memory stick for it to stop so u can try that

Reaction score
I performed a upgrade from vista. My laptop is roughly a 10 months old.
How shall i show you my system specification?
Here a few specifications:
Microsoft Windows Ultimate 7
Build 7600
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
250GB Hard Drive.

Reaction score
To: Blue Screen of Death

I initially did an upgrade since I had Vista, but after spending several hours on the phone with microsoft; they found I had to do a clean install. I did lose all my programs and before I did the install, I made sure I had all my program software and did a back up of all my files.
I'm no longer getting the blue screen of death.
My husband's laptop is only 3 months old and not much software loaded. He was able to do an upgrade only. His pc seems to be working fine.
Good Luck!

Reaction score
Hi! Fred,
See you solved your problem by removing a stick of RAM...I had a problem with a friends computer some little while ago blue screens at irregular intervals tried all sorts of checks no luck..put the memory on 36 hours with a memory checking program it came up fine ..no problems..still thought it was memory managed to borrow from another computer a couple of compatible sticks.. Hey Presto no more blue screens!!!
Try some other memory..Luck:)

Reaction score
i had the same problem, caused by a nic driver, just if anyone else has a blue screen problem.

Reaction score
If memory serves me right "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO" errors are usually connected with driver/interrupt conflicts.
Might be worth having a look at the Event Viewer in Admin Tools!

Reaction score
Gateway

I have a very new gateway. It has 640gb harddrive, 4gb of ram. And Quod Core Intel proccessor. I play World of Warcraft. Before I had Windows Vista and I never had any problems at all playing this game. I got Windows 7 about a week ago and I get blue screens and my screen flickers. I read about the clean install. How do you do that? This blue screen thing is really agrevating during gaming. Please help.

Reaction score
Put in your W7 disc and reboot. Follow the instructions for a clean install instead of an upgrade.

Ask a Question