windows 7 HP dc7600 (black screen) help!!

Reaction score
hello every body this is my first post here and i have one problem with my PC
i have hp dc7600 and i installed windows 7 it works good but when i reboot it, i have the black screen after the bios screen passing and only the black screen nothing after, :'(

any one have the resolution ?

remarque : i have the same problem on the vista

hp dc7600 convertible minitower
3.4 GHZ with 2mb level2
2 GB ram
160 GB sata
128 mb intel graphique card

Reaction score
24 view and no reply !!!!!!!! please i need a help this problem make me crazy !!

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Kareem :ciao:

Kareem are you saying that Windows Vista and Windows 7 gives you a black screen at startup?

Are you dual booting both Operating Systems?
If so you maybe able to use the Windows DVD and repair the boot files.

Are you installing Windows Vista as well as Windows 7 to find that neither install will boot?
If so you may try setting your bios to default setting.

Reaction score
thank you clifford :D
no i'm not dual booting i have only the WIN7 now, this problem appear to me when i reboot it only and i should turn it off (shut down) and turn it on again to work exactly...
thank you for your seggestion...

Reaction score
clifford you told me (If so you maybe able to use the Windows DVD and repair the boot files).

how can i repair the boot ??
can anyone explain how ??

Reaction score
i tried to repair the startup but it found that i have no problem in the startup, and the problem still appear

Reaction score
i have the same Pc Kareem

hp dc7600 convertible minitower
3.4 GHZ with 2mb level2
2 GB ram
640 GB sata
128 mb intel graphique card

Reaction score
i think mixdsl there is no solution to this problem cuz i Accustomed
this problem appear only on windows vista and windows 7

Reaction score
i tried to repair the startup but it found that i have no problem in the startup, and the problem still appear
Hi,do your pc starts anyway?if so,i'll tell what you eventually can do to try to solve your problem,i did this on my pc with 7 either,because my problem was a bit similar to yours and i solved {quickly} if you get your windows running,you go to START,ALL PROGRAMS,ACESSOIRES,rigth click your mouse on COMMAND PROMPT,choose to open with administrator previleges,then opens a black small window,rigth there you gonna wrigth like i tell you{ sfc /scannow } just the blue small letters without quotes,hit ENTER and let it scan t'ill the end,after that you get an info that your sistem has been scanned and repaired,just close the black box and restart your pc again if something happens.
I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i test it but it doesnt work for me and thanks a lot king64 for your help :)

Reaction score
kareem any ver. of windows7 you use?
i use the ver. which has the 86x 64x on the same dvd

Reaction score
i use windows 7 ultimate x86
should i put windows 7 dvd on dvd reader when i'm using this command <sfc /scannow> ????

Reaction score
i use windows 7 ultimate x86
should i put windows 7 dvd on dvd reader when i'm using this command <sfc /scannow> ????
if your windows start you don't need it,but if you boot with your dvd just select repair sistem and choose the command prompt and lunch sfc /scannow,its the same operation.
good luck

Reaction score
yes i've dne exactly like you said,
maybe somes hardware aren't compatible with WIN7 and vista ????

Reaction score
yes i've dne exactly like you said,
maybe somes hardware aren't compatible with WIN7 and vista ????
Ok,kareem,for all i could check i'm gonna give the next options to solve your issue again.
1-pc off
2-power cable out
3-press the power button for 5 seconds to release static power
4-get out the memory cards from the sockets and insert them back again,carefully
5-if you have one video card get him out and insert it back again,carefully
6-close the case and connect the power cord back and start the pc to see what happens
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
if this doesn't solve the problem you get the second chance.

Start up the pc and press F8 key and start it in safemode.
Go after in safe mode to START,CONTROL PANEL,SCREEN AND RESOLUTIONS,and change your resolution to 800x600 or other different resolution you use it,confirm everything and go back to restart your pc,and see if does or not.
Note:this is what i think your problem can be,just try it don't be afraid if dont works maby you have something dead on your pc,but try on.
When you press F8 key you can see also on the menu options choose, LAST KNOW GOOD CONFIGURATION,go up or down with the arrows and choose it and hit enter to see what happens.
Good luck mate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks guys for your help :), sure i will do mixdsl, now i use Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) - DVD (French) MSDN
File Name: fr_windows_7_ultimate_x86_dvd_x15-65927.iso

Ask a Question