Windows 7 has a lot of problems......Let's talk about the problems/bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maybe someone has made a topic that is similar to this.....

Windows 7 has a lot of problems, let's point out the problems/bugs!

This is one of the problem on my Windows 7.

When I open My Computer, and then I clicked on C:, it don't go there!:hmpf:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe someone has made a topic that is similar to this.....

Windows 7 has a lot of problems, let's point out the problems/bugs!

This is one of the problem on my Windows 7.

When I open My Computer, and then I clicked on C:, it don't go there!:hmpf:
Funny title topic... a bugzilla turned Win 7 hating thread. :D

Regarding the problem, can you elaborate it more clearly?

Reaction score
Funny title topic... a bugzilla turned Win 7 hating thread. :D

Regarding the problem, can you elaborate it more clearly?
haha......

Don't worry about the problem......

I didn't ask you for solution:D

When I go to Computer, and click on C: (or other drive), it just don't go there.......

Reaction score
haha......

Don't worry about the problem......

I didn't ask you for solution:D

When I go to Computer, and click on C: (or other drive), it just don't go there.......
Is this some kind of lame joke? What did you mean by creating this thread?

Reaction score
For your info their is no icon on the desktop or start menu that is called My Computer, it just called Computer. So I don't think that you are running Windows 7.

Reaction score
Is this some kind of lame joke? What did you mean by creating this thread?
I just make this thread because i want y'all to share what the bugs you found in Windows 7!

I don't make no joke!

For your info their is no icon on the desktop or start menu that is called My Computer, it just called Computer. So I don't think that you are running Windows 7.
How can I remember every single name in Windows 7?

See the picture above, and you know I am using windows 7.

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
No, I don't think you're running 7. That's not the taskbar :lol:. This is the taskbar:

Attachments

Reaction score
No, I don't think you're running 7. That's not the taskbar :lol:. This is the taskbar:
You don't even know about Windows 7:dontknow:

That'a a way to set like this.

The picture you show it to me is the default setting of Windows 7 Taskbar.

The first thing to identify Windows 7, you have to know there's a watermark at the right bottom.

The way that to set look like my taskbar, right click to the taskbar, and click properties.

Check the "Use small icons", and set the taskbar icons to "Never Combine".

And I just unpin all those icons on the taskbar.

:D:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I open My Computer, and then I clicked on C:, it don't go there
First, it can be done any easy way, but you first have to go to Control panel and choose Folder Options, click the View tab and check Always Show Menus, your old style menus will now appear in Windows Explorer and other programs as well. Click Show hidden folder, files, and drives. uncheck hide extensions for unknown types and uncheck Hide protected operating system files. click Apply, then OK.
just by right-clicking on the Desktop and choose personalize.

Click the change desktop icons and make sure to include Computer in the list. Now, with that icon on the desktop, you can right-click and choose open to view all your drives and click on any one to explorer it. advanced user typically browse the file system regularly.

If you are sick and tired of clicking on Windows Explorer, and getting the "Libraries" view, right-click on My Computer, choose open, Right-click on My Computer, choose open, double-click on the C: drive, navigate to the Windows folder and locate explorer.exe. Drag that file to the desktop, and choose Create shortcut here. Rename it to Windows Explorer. Now right-click and choose properties and add this after the .exe.(If it's highlighted, click your mouse button after the .exe),

Now hit the space bar and type in /e,C: and choose Apply.

The line should look like this:
C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,C:

Now drag that shortcut to the Start Button, let it expand until you see Accessories. When you see the tooltip that says Move to Accessories, choose yes, You'll receive a warning message, but just say yes to overwrite it.

If for some reason you want both icons to appear, just rename the shortcut to anything other than Windows Explorer (maybe Windows Exploder) and drag that shortcut to Accessories. now you have both. the /e,C; brings you directly to the root of the C: drive. If you have another partition you'd like it to open, simply change it to that drive (Ex. /e,E: brings you to the root of the E: drive if you have partitioned you hard drive.

I've posted this previously, some member have seen it, some not:

Tips & tricks to bring back the old look:

There are many ways to tweak Windows, but you'll never get the Classic Start menu back unless you edit the shell32.dll file with a resource editor (Dangerous territory)

Here is a small sampling:
Right click the taskbar and choose properties.
Check "Use Small Icons"
Taskbar Buttons: "Never Combine"

Credit to Tim Sneath for this one:
For those of how how would like to bring back the Quick Launch feature,
Tim Sneath : The Bumper List of Windows 7 Secrets
http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2...7-secrets.aspx

If you'd like it back, I've slightly modified his to make it easier.
Right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars > New Toolbar
In the folder selection dialog, choose the Browse folder and navigate to::
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Select that folder and now you have the Quick Launch bar

Turn off the "lock the taskbar" setting, and right-click on the divider. Make sure that "Show text" and "Show title" are disabled and the view is set to "small icons". Use the dividers to rearrange the toolbar ordering to choice, and then lock the taskbar again
One problem, it disappears if you uncheck it. I'm working on that one.

You can also bring back the switch between windows feature by navigating to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Right-click on the switch between windows shortcut and drag it to the Quick Launch bar and choose copy here, You now have the same features as Vista. Open a bunch of windows, then choose switch between windows. Pretty cool!:cool:

Also, Sysinternals (now Microsoft) has an excellent freeware utility called desktops, which gives you four desktop (like Linux, yes).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...c5a693683.aspx

Another must have utility is Sysinternals Autoruns.This a an extremely powerful tool. You can download it here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

A "hidden" feature in Windows 7. Go to Start > Run, and type optionalfeatures. I think you'll be amazed at what's here.

Reaction score
Hello MsYau , yes I see you do know what your talking about. Your first 2 posts on this thread at first looked like you were trolling. After rereading them I see that your not saying Windows 7 has alot of problems , but saying there maybe a thread already talking about this, but here's another one too. I would like to ask you if the programs that are showing on the screenshot of your desktop are working ,it seems some people are not getting CD/DVD burning or virtual drives to work. I can tell you DVDfab works great as long as you don't minimize it to the task bar, if you do, you will have to reboot your computer to get the drive back working.

Reaction score
Hello MsYau , yes I see you do know what your talking about. Your first 2 posts on this thread at first looked like you were trolling. After rereading them I see that your not saying Windows 7 has alot of problems , but saying there maybe a thread already talking about this, but here's another one too. I would like to ask you if the programs that are showing on the screenshot of your desktop are working ,it seems some people are not getting CD/DVD burning or virtual drives to work. I can tell you DVDfab works great as long as you don't minimize it to the task bar, if you do, you will have to reboot your computer to get the drive back working.
Just explain more Clearly of my problem.

My Windows 7 works very great at the first day I installed.

But that are many bugs after the first day.

All software that incl.(or preinstalled) with the Windows 7.

and the Windows Explorer too.

this is one bug that I found, I go to "Computer"and thn I click on my "C:"

The Windows Explorer don't do anything.Just stay at "Computer"

Is that clear?

Please excuse my english because I am still learning English.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Did you try Double-clicking on it? Triple-clicking on it? This may sound stupid or like a joke, but sometimes it works for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well i got dlink webcam, w& automatically found the driver & installed for it, but the problem is its not showing up any video though i m able to use the mic which is inbuilt with the webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question