Instant crash after log in (WindowsHasStoppedWorking)

Reaction score
Hello, I have come here hoping to be helped this is my last resort. I haven't slept for days trying to fix this situation. The

problem started after I used a program called "OldNewExplorer.exe" that I downloaded

from a theme website. This program is not a virus but it's for windows 8 and I

used it on my Windows 7. This program basically replaces a bunch of shells for windows 8 to be able to use themes on it,

but I

thought it was for Windows 7, turns out it's not and my pc hasn't been allowing me to get on any mode, safe mode, normal

mode. After logon it instantly crashes with a black screen says "Windows explorer has stopped working"

I made alot of restore points before doing this, but I cant seem to locate them.

Just to point out, desktop is unusable, it's only a black screen with nothing but the error. Please I'm in need of help, I have

alot of graphics work to be done for my customers, thank you.

Here's the file(s) readme
Code:
THE OLDNEWEXPLORER FOR WINDOWS 8.1 / WINDOWS 8 (X86/X64)

Installation:
---------------
Extract files into directory which all users can access.
Run OldNewExplorerCfg.exe, click Install

Uninstallation:
---------------
Run OldNewExplorerCfg.exe, click Uninstall

Skinning Notes:
---------------
OldNewExplorer can override UIFILES from most files loaded by explorer.exe.
To take advantage of this, add UIFILES to your ShellStyle.dll named the following way:
Example:
SHELL32.DLL UIFILE 23 -> SHELLSTYLE.DLL SHELL32_UIFILE 23
EXPLORERFRAME.DLL UIFILE 20482 -> SHELLSTYLE.DLL EXPLORERFRAME_UIFILE 20482

Note that OldNewExplorer can load other types of resources loaded by DirectUI, for example TWINUI.DLL TILETEMPLATE
Overriding all resources may require explorer.exe restart.

Note that OldNewExplorer's style, details, statusbar settings override shellstyle resources.

WARNING: custom resource types are not loaded from ShellStyle.dll if it has MUI resource pair.
Merge it with mui file and remove MUI resource.

Turn debug on:
---------------
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tihiy\OldNewExplorer]
"Debug"=dword:00000001

launch DbgView.exe (DebugView) to monitor which UIFILES are loaded

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have a W7 SP1 DVD (or bootable USB) then boot to it and try repairing your files using that.

Ask a Question