Windows 7 has to run troubleshooter every time to connect to internet.

Reaction score
Every time I need to connect to the internet Windows 7 has to run troubleshooter.

This is the message that appears on the screen: (Troubleshoot problems > Detecting Problems > Reset your wireless network adapter) Windows resets the network adapter and connects to the internet with no problem. Would anyone have any idea as to why Windows has to reset the network adapter every time?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Reaction score
I also wanted to add that this only happens when I connect using WiFi. If I hard wire I do not have this issue.

yeto

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know if this will fix your issue but I would suggest you look for the latest driver for your wi-fi network interface card (NIC). See if updating your driver helps resolve the situation. Even if it does not fix your issue it is still best to have the latest drivers.

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I should have included in my post that I had updated the driver (even though I already had the latest driver).

Thank you for taking the time to try and help,
yeto

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A lot of problems with network NICs are caused by the sleep mode. Try going to Control Panel > Device Manager and finding the Wi-Fi NIC. Open the properties and select the Power Management tab. Remove the check which enables the device to sleep.
DeviceManager-NoSleep4NIC.jpg

Let us know if that helps.

Reaction score
A lot of problems with network NICs are caused by the sleep mode. Try going to Control Panel > Device Manager and finding the Wi-Fi NIC. Open the properties and select the Power Management tab. Remove the check which enables the device to sleep.
View attachment 5687

Let us know if that helps.
I do not have "sleep mode" checked.

Thank you for trying to help,
yeto

Ask a Question