Windows 7 Games Problems

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have bought a new ASUS Laptop (Model G51Jx-X3), Config:
Windows7 64bit, Intel core i5 450, 4GB RAM, nvidia GTS 360 SLI (1GB dedicated), 500gb HDD.

I have got games Divinity2: Ego Draconis and Resident Evil 5.
When I install divinity2 at the end of second DVD, I get some errors related to Visual C++, PhysX and EXE can not execute.
I have Installed latest Visual C++ 2008, PhysX_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware, but sitll I am getting the same messeges!!
There are so many software for which compatibility issue is there with Windows7. Please someone help me getting these probelms resolved. :((

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Abhay and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

I'm thinking this may be a permission problem are you running as admin ? and can you post any error codes ?

Edit : what edition of divinity2 do you have ?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Thanks Dear!

I will send the error msg. meanwhile let me know if previous 32bit games will be supported by my laptop or not??
Also I am the only ADMINISTRATOR of this PC and I have checked it earlier. please suggest!
I have Divinity2: Ego Draconis

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks dear!

I will try! if any issue, I'll let you know!
What do you say?? ASUS G51Jx-X3 is GOOD laptop or not??? any comment?

Reaction score
Dear All,

Please also let me konw what is the difference between,
vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 ??
Which will suit my Laptop config (Windows7 64bit, nvidia GTS 360M SLI)??

Reaction score
Dear all

I am having problem with my Audio (ASUS G51Jx-X3). Its very less!! :(
My GOD!!! Its Altec lansing. I thought it will be good but..........
Please suggest me if it is H/W problem or any Driver or BIOS!
Please suggest!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Reaction score
ok guys heres my 2 bits on this matter. my recent offline time was spent studying the differences between each release of win 7 .
MOST people don't read the fine print well enough to understand what the actual list for compatabilities.for win 7 is.
Win 7 Starter pack is simply the most basic of the newest releases of os and has very little that would be useful to a gamer. its too basic.

win 7 home is a little better than starter.. but still lacks the compatability for most of the xp games and such as we're all comfortable running.

Win 7 Professional.: NOW we're starting to talk. gaming for xp would be basic ..but here is the first of the win 7 line that actually starts with the newest feature for win7 . the xp compatability setting.
it is THIS feature you need to be able to run those kinds of games on to begin with

Win 7 Ultimate : Now HERES a Nice little package. expensive yes and muuch better than professional. its more stable :) and i have the x64 bit installed myself friend.:)
Diablo 2 expansion is a game thats supposed to be incompatible with windows 7
BUT heres the sticker.. I can actually run it np on my win 7
yes there was a supposed compatability issue.. BUT i set my compat setting on my copy to run it as xp would..

and it runs perfectly fine.

so your game problem may actually be because youve the wrong os of win 7 installed .. unless its professional or better you WILL have the same issues as what you're faced with.
Sorry for alarming you there bud..but the compatability setting means everything.. and if you didn't get win 7 professional or better. you don't have the ability TO play xp games sorry to say ..:(

Reaction score
I have Windows7: Home Premium!
Should I need to upgrade it??
I play NINJA BLADE game in my laptop ASUS G51Jx-X3. It runs smooth in starting but lateron in fight sequences and Explosion it stucks!!!!
Also let me know Why I am facing problem with Divinty2: Ego draconis at the last of installation?? Its says, vcredist C++ and EXE prolem! I have installed latest vcredist!!!!

Ask a Question