Windows 7 freezes. $1600 paperweight. PLEASE HELP.

Reaction score
I registered for this forum for someone to help me. For the love of all that is sacred someone please respond. I'm positive that this problem is not a hardware issue. I got enough power and everything on my computer is brand new and stress tested. However my computer continues to freeze on me. I'll be just doing my thing on it and all of a sudden the screen will freeze. The cursor will move for a little while but its useless can i can neither left or right click on anything and nothing even appears to respond to the cursor. Shortly after even the cursor freezes. I thought it was my hard drive at first but i got a new one and same problem arose even with a fresh install of windows 7. I didn't have this problem at first when i got my computer either. I really don't know what to do and I don't fancy setting up my computer again and I don't want a 1600 dollar paperweight. I'm at my wits end and I am more than angry right now. I has not been a good day. Someone please make it brighter. I don't fancy having to use this horrifyingly outdated laptop any longer.

Reaction score
what are you doing exactally when the pc freezez, playing games ect.

Reaction score
anything from watching a video to browsing the net. Games haven't done this yet but its a hit or miss sort of thing. It seems random

Reaction score
Hi LetMyPeopleGo - Welcome to w7forums

I'm positive that this problem is not a hardware issue. I got enough power and everything on my computer is brand new and stress tested.
Can you tell us what you have tried so far and how you stress tested the PC?

Reaction score
have you updated your drivers??
because im feeling nice today here are some links lol :)
Video-32bit
Video-64Bit
also do a virus scan...
ram could be an issue or even cooling, i know you said that u think its definatly NOT hardware but there is no harm in trying. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can be due to a faulting driver/software, or hardware related - bad ram (or wrong bios settings), not enough watts in the power supply. Sometimes different brand AV's installed in one system cause freezes and bsods.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Re-seat RAM and test with memtest86, for starters.

Any overheating issues? How old is the PSU?

Reaction score
how dusty is the case, also check to see if any fans have died.
Also are you overclocking ur processor/video card

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I thought the OP stated everything was brand new, if so, it shouldn't be dusty. Mabye a mismatch of parts and/or lack of proper drivers/BIOS.

And some AV's adds to the issue, too. Especially AVG.

Cat

Ask a Question