Windows freezes or crashes when I change between programs

Reaction score
When I have been using an app or game and want to quit and start another one, the system freezes with the screen blank or black and I must restart the system. This happens frequently, but not every time. Getting very annoying.

I have tried running CHKDSK from the system prompt, ran defrag, ran SFC /SCANNOW, tried STARTUP REPAIR, cleaned the registry using SYSTEM MECHANIC, updated all drivers, restored to earlier settings, performed WINDOWS UPDATE, and thought I had corrected it, but it just did it again.

One time when it happened, i got error 0xC000000D, BUT usually get nothing. Sometimes when I try to reboot, the system hangs or freezes at the into screen where you can usuall command the BIOS update or settings. This does not happen every time. Hardware has not changed, and don't think software has either.

Here is my system info:
006.JPG

Information 2/15/2016 10:26:16 PM Windows Error Reporting 1001 None

Please help!

Reaction score
While browsing some other posts, I came upon a suggested fix and tried it. So far no freezes in past 2 days.

Here is suggested fix:

1) Go to Control Panel
2) Open Device Manager
3) Select system HDD
4) Select Properties
5) Select Policies
6) There are two check boxes. Check the one for "Turn OFF Windows write-cache buffer flushing..."

That's it. I did it and my problem appears to be solved.
Hope that helps!

Ask a Question