Windows 7 Freeze randomly

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new computer, have had it for about a month now. The freezes started about 1 week after i got it. I did a system recovery and that helped, for about a week until it started again. Now I have had enough! I need tons of suggestions on how to fix this. My specs are:

HP Pavilion
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ( 6,1 build 7600 )
Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 620 processor 2,6GHZ
Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce GT 220
4GB ram

I am not so good with computers so I just need some suggestions on how i can fix this. It happens a lot when i play any steam game.

PS: I have tried turning on high performance mode and searched for virus, did not work
Anything i should update? Please, i need help

Reaction score
I have this problem too! It started as soon as i got my computer as well. Please help!!!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It sounds like both of you recently purchased your computers. I have an HP, too, so far, so good. Have either of you contacted your OEM about this? The reason I ask is, they are supposed to make things right if there's a problem. Freezing can be caused by numerous issues. With 4GB RAM, you should be able to play games without problems. But please, get in touch with your OEM before it's too late. They are required by law to honor their product warranty. Too, you may be able to file a claim with your credit card issuer over this, if that was your purchase method. But time is critical here, please contact them at once. Best of luck to both of you, and post back should you need further help.

Ask a Question