Win7 64bit

Reaction score
Win7 64 bit and Virual XP is working solidly for me now and there remains only one issue to solve, Skype and this I know that will sort out..Having used all the Win programs right back to Win.3.11 this one seems to have fewer problems, but then I was in at the start of most including Vista Ultimate 32bit and allthough there were more driver problems at the start Vista Ultimate has been no touble to me since..I have 32bit and 64bit in XP, Vista and now Win7......I think a lot of people have trouble finding their way round any new system then if they do strike trouble, even minor get really p....d off..One thing about computers I have learned from right back to DOS ..patience and persistence.."slowly catchee monkey"!! ...perhaps I am just too dumb and don't like to give in!!:)

Reaction score
deamon tools and skype phone r only 2 things that dont wanna work here with win 7 64 bit hehe

Reaction score
This is very strange, as you guys are the third people I've seen on this forum that can't get Skype to work, but I've had it running just fine on Windows 7x64 on every (EVERY build) between 7000 and RTM.

I've never done anything special. I downloaded and installed it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens to you both when you run Skype?

Reaction score
im about skype phone application , not about skype software itself
this thing requered a valid 64 bit driver from asus wich doesnt exist in this world

Reaction score
Very interested to hear that someone has been installing Skype successfully..Have been unable to get it properely installed in Win7 64bit... installed ok in Virt. XP but microphone not working.. have not bothered too much because I know it will be sorted by Skype or Microsoft.. in the meantime I use Vista when I require Skype.. but now this has been raised will try again and will let everyone know if I find what my problem is..:)..Great site lots of help from everyone:)

Update
Hit the install Skype shortcut on my desktop and Skype downloaded and installed straight up no problem.. there is nothing different with my sys. since I tried some weeks ago and I did look up the forum sight and there was a lot of talk about this problem installing Skype on Win7...so all I can guess is that they have come up with a solution!!:):)

Last edited:

Ask a Question