Win 7RC no boot, no fix

Reaction score
Win 7 RC 7100 fails to boot , before the welcome screen reboot, last time the system was at sleep mode, i had no problems whatsoever. , i tried the repair option but before it come to an end the pc freeze and instantly reboots again. I have Dual boot with Xp sp3 , xp working fine..is there a way to repair the win 7 through xp ? If i'm out of luck i'll clean install again, only need to extract the bookmarks from google chrome, ,is that possible?
Thank you in advance...:)

Reaction score
Hi alxgr - Welcome to w7forums

Does Windows 7 boot into "Safe Mode"?
or
Do you have the option to boot with "Last Known Good Configuration"?

While booting press F8 to see more boot options.

Reaction score
I have tried almost everything,windows does not boot. Not even at safe mode, the strange thing is that the autorepair tool reports no problems... i dont know what else to do , if i had access to safe mode i could do something...Is there anything else exept clean install?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Well before you do a clean install, you could try the inplace install and install again. This may or may not correct the problem. It would be worth a shot though.

Reaction score
I'm not native user of Engish , what exactly you mean with the "inplace install" term? Install over the old instalation?

Reaction score
Ok, i'll give it a try. Will this affect the my documents folder contents? it will repair ot make a new install? Thnak you for the help...:)

Reaction score
It will not effect your documents and could repair Windows. If it does fail to repair Windows a clean install may needed.

Ask a Question