Win 7 with no browser - EU ruling

Reaction score
Hello

I do not yet have Win7 but have been charged with the unenviable task of putting together a CD to guide new users around Win XP, Vista, and 7.

I believe that IE does not ship with Win 7 due to an EU court ruling. To overcome this, I intend to download IE 7 and 8, burn them to CD, and distribute the CD I am now responsible for. About 3000 users will have access to the CD.

My question is, if the CD comprises about 40 HTML pages and images informing the user how to download the IE7/8, how will Win 7 users see them without a browser?

Many thanks.

High1

Reaction score
Hello clifford

Many thanks for your message.

What does it say that ballot? Does it give users the option of downloading different browsers?

Thanks again.

Steve

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What does it say that ballot? Does it give users the option of downloading different browsers?
Yep, if you read the article link from the thread Clifford posted, you'll see a screenshot which gives an idea of what we can expect:

Reaction score
Hello Ian

I didn't see the link, sorry.

Many thanks for that - it's cleared things up a bit.

Cheers

Steve

Ask a Question