SOLVED An uninvited row of '+'s in browser window.

Reaction score
Hi and pardon me if I'm in the wrong place for advice on this:

I use Windows 7 (64bit) and sometimes switch to Google. Just today, when I typed a search
into Ebay or YouTube, a long row of uninvited '+'s, (plus signs) fills up the box before can type in my search.

Can't recall clicking on anything unusual lately. I'm using Windows 7 Internet Explorer right now, and it seems okay. Tried Google again a short while ago and the problem '+' signs keep showing and filling up the browser window.

I ran AVG, which says No Threats Found.

.thanks for anything on this

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Does it only do it in a browser? Open notepad and put the cursor on the first line in there.

If it happens in notepad too, try a different keyboard

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks.
Yes it happens only in the browser, Google browser that is. No problems using IE like now. Just tried Google again and the dreaded line of '+' is back but much more manic. It also stops me from closing the browser window.

I tried Notepad and Wordpad, no problem. I captured a screenshot of the '+' thing and saved it in 'Paint'. But when I click - or Right click - on that screenshot image on my desktop, it goes crazy, and opens multiple copies of itself, and then hard for me to close all the multiple windows.

Yes, next thing I'll try is digging out a spare keyboard, just to see what happens. Like I say, all this is only happening on my Google, not on my Windows Explorer.+++++

Thanks, I'll try with another keyboard.

EDIT: Okay I've switched keyboards and I think maybe that fixed it, at least it has stopped doing the '+' thing for the moment. I'll keep alert for more of the same, though. Thanks. Can't think what caused that strange stuff. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just signing off and thanks for your input, looks like the problem is gone away: -) I'll be using the replacement keyboard from now on.
cheers.

Ask a Question