browser crashes and now win7 64

PAN

Reaction score
my first post, so let me know what im doing wrong
sorry but i just cant find any help on the net with this
this computer is a few months old
initially it ran fine then once a week the browser would crash when you had it loaded up with tabs. now 3 tabs and it goes down. if ram gets to 2gb it goes. yesterday it crashed windows twice. ive tried various programs to lower the ram usage, used a couple of tweak programs, and stopped alot of programs in msconfig,
it all happened after i upgraded to firefox 4, thought it was compatibility issues then started noticing it when i used chrome and safari too
while researching my ram (which is what i thought i would just need to upgrade if nothing else worked) i noticed it runs at the 533.3 ??? thought ddr 3 ran at like 10666 or somthing, also noticed the crappy graphics "card" is 62C or 143F, isnt that kinda hot

PLEASE HELP

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your RAM specs are correct, the 533 is the clock speed and the 1066 is the MT or MegaTransfers speed. The RAM transfers on both the rising and falling edges of the clock. 533 x 2 = 1066

You are using lot of RAM though for some reason. You may have a bad stick of RAM. Have you tested the RAM using MemTest '86? You might also try running one stick at a time and see if any issues pop up.

DDR is short for Dual Data Rate by the way.

Reactions: PAN

PAN

Reaction score
thank you much for the info and the diagnog-progs. looks like ill have to open er up
by the way sys on for 3 hrs running taskmgr 1.72gb ram, speccy, and 1 tab in firefox 4.6 and the heat is 64-66 for graphics card
could it just be that i need to upgrade the card (i was eventually anyway) or add a fan
cause when i was researching to buy this thing people kept telling me 4gb of ddr3 was alot and fast even without a great graphics card, is that no so accurate
assuming that one stick isnt bad of course?
Thank You again- Pan

Ask a Question