32 bit browser on 64 bit Windows 7.

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I have a 64bit machine. I used to be able to run the 32 bit version on on 64 bit Vista. Since the upgrade I have not been able to run any 32bit browsers.

Anyone know if there is something that I can do to get the 32 bit browsers to work?

Thx.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens when you try to run a 32 bit browser? I don't see why it would run any differently to any other application. The default Internet Explorer application is 32-bit :)

Reaction score
Error

I receive the following error:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
What happens if you run a 64bit browser, such as the 64bit IE8?

That error that you posted results not because of 32bit/64bit, but because there is an issue with your internet settings. Do any other internet programs still work fine?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yes. Good question. Are you getting ANY internet connections?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Since the upgrade I have not been able to run any 32bit browsers.
Quite a few people are experiencing problems when they do the Upgrade install versus a Clean Install.

I highly recommend a clean install. Windows 7 will run much smoother and be more responsive.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

64 Bit Browsers (IE & Firefox) all work. However, because of the Adobe Flash support, I want to run a 32 bit browser. All of my other 32 bit applications work just fine.

One message board said it might be my wireless adapter.

I have a linksys WUSB300N. There is no 64 bit driver for it. (However, the adapter worked fine on 64 bit Vista)

I will try a clean install. But I only have an Upgrade disk. How do I do a clean install if I only have upgrade disk?

Thanks.

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Just boot from the Upgrade disk and select Clean Install, it should do the install without any issues

Ask a Question