I've not installed the V7 client yet, so I've not actually seen how it works yet. However if you experience troubles with it, I will not hesitate in installing to help you out.Features
The new client has too many features to list but here are some of the highlights:
- Support for FahCore_16 on HD 5000 or higher GPUs.
- Improved Windows installer with support for Windows XP, Vista, 2008 and Windows 7.
- 64-bit OS-X install package. (32-bit is in the works).
- Debian/Ubuntu and RedHat/Fedora/CentOS 32-bit and 64-bit Linux packages.
- Low priority background operation has very little impact on your computers usability. You should hardly notice [email protected] is running when using other applications.
- A more compatible and stable 3D protein viewer with several view modes, rotation, zoom, online help and interpolated protein animations.
- Separate but integrated console client (FAHClient), user interface (FAHControl) and 3D protein viewer (FAHViewer).
- Novice, Advanced & Expert user interface modes. (See drop down list in FAHControl.)
- Support for more than one Folding Slot (UNI, SMP or GPU).
- Ability to monitor, configure and control many remote folding clients from a single computer.
- Very low CPU overhead for FAHClient, FAHControl and FAHViewer. 3D viewer overhead can be minimized by disabling rotating and protein animation.
- Single client for normal (Uniprocessor), SMP (Multiple CPUs) and GPU (Graphics Processors) folding.
Cat if you are serious about building an Intel based [email protected] machine, the i7-2600K is the cpu to look at. Going from i5 to i7 will double the CPU threads which is what you need for the BigAdv WU's. BigAdv WU's require at least 8 threads to complete on-time. These BigAdv WU's can produce around 50K PPD on the i7-2600K. Where SMP with the i7-2600K would only produce about 30K PPD.I'll build something with a top end i5 (see link) that's built for solid performance on a budget.
It's unlocked & ready to go.
I think cat would be happy with that, I know I would, until I find out 50k is right there at your fingertips.Where SMP with the i7-2600K would only produce about 30K PPD.
May I ask why those statistics do not seem right?Doesn't seem right to me for a quad-core cpu.
Hi yodap!Do you use the HFM.NET program to monitor your clients?
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
|Can Someone pass to me the ISO of Windows 7 Starter in the version of factory of Acer please?||3|
|Supposedly running an illegitimate Win7 Home Premium version||1|
|I have the free version of Win7 Professional installed. Can I use an Enterprise key?||0|
|Is Windows 10 a generic, bad versions of Windows 7?||5|
|SOLVED Getting back to windows 7 32 bit from 64 bit version||2|
|[email protected] farm down for the duration||2|
|V7 [email protected] Program||6|
|[email protected] GPU Tracker V2||8|