Which build of Windows 7 beta are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There are so many builds available now, some some of the later 7042/48 builds including a few extra goodies compared to the Beta 1 version.

Which build are the rest of you using?

I've stuck with 7000 for now, even though I have tried some of the builds that came out just after the beta (7022 IIRC). I think I'll just wait until the Release Candidate before I change again. :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just the normal beta build, I've have a go of some of the others but I'm keeping with this one for now :) There are so many new builds that I can't keep chasing and installing each one ;)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yeah, same here. Like I said in another thread, my filter blocks torrent sites, so there's no point in wasting time trying. Can't wait 'til the RC :)

Reaction score
I have closely watched those internal build leaks. MS is updating Win 7 slowly with bugfixes and new features. But since I don't have access to multiple PCs and using Windows 7 build 7000 as my primary OS, I don't want to go over that reinstallation loop every now and then with 'leaked' builds.

As it's speculated, upcoming RC build is scheduled for April 10, so I'm waiting for it.

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yeah, obviously, from my previous post, I have no choice but to stay with 7k, but even if I could, I would still wait until Microsoft officially releases it as an open or closed.

Reaction score
Great man,,

I use built 7057 x86, but something trouble with my vga card...
windows detect my vga, but i can't use ati catalyst center for my pc..
i use x1550 ddr3 ati radeon,,
someone know please sent to my e-mail..
thx bro..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great man,,

thx bro..
Welcome to the forums wisnu.inter10 :) If you create a new thread with all of the details, I'll do my best to help :)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Great man,,

thx bro..
Do this: Find the root Catalyst application/executable. Then, Right-Click it and select properties. From there, select the compatibility tab. Select "Run in compatibility mode for..." and it defaults a Windows XP SP2. If that doesn't work, then in the same tab, at the bottom there should be a box that says "Administrative Privileges" or something like that. Tic the box, hit a apply and it should work. If not, then post more info about the problem and we will see what we can do! :)

Reaction score
build 7057 and the lates one is 7071 , they nuildin the new build every sing day with monor fixes and changes so we dont have to rush for a fresh buil;d

btw what is ya eveluation date ? here i dont have any dates

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice powerful PC you've got there Psikea, build 7057 seems to be a very popular build with most of the new changes in place :)

Reaction score
thanks , this one i builded on my own without any help , started to pickin up some info and reading reviews becoz im not a pro

wot about evaluation period ? here i didnt find any exept that watermark on the left bottom side

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks , this one i builded on my own without any help , started to pickin up some info and reading reviews becoz im not a pro

wot about evaluation period ? here i didnt find any exept that watermark on the left bottom side
That's interesting, it doesn't mention it on your version. Normally it would appear in the window on the right (by running "winver").

7057 usually expires on 01/03/2010

Reaction score
Most stable version of Win 7?

Any absolutely moronic question, so I apologize accordingly.

I'm stuck. I'm purchasing the following tomorrow:

1) [FONT=&quot]ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Motherboard CPU Bundle - Socket AM2+, AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Black Edition Quad Core Retail Processor
2) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB = 4 gb. X 2 pcs. = 8 gb.)

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Because I design interactive educational materials (for DVD and website), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I need gobs of RAM and thus am torn between XP Pro 64 bit (the past) and Win 7 (hopefully the future).
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Stupid question: Which beta version can be most relied upon for stability and ease of learning?.

Thanks,

Dennis G. Schrader
(e-mail address removed)
[/FONT]

Reaction score
Any absolutely moronic question, so I apologize accordingly.

I'm stuck. I'm purchasing the following tomorrow:

1) [FONT=&quot]ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Motherboard CPU Bundle - Socket AM2+, AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Black Edition Quad Core Retail Processor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB = 4 gb. X 2 pcs. = 8 gb.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Because I design interactive educational materials (for DVD and website), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I need gobs of RAM and thus am torn between XP Pro 64 bit (the past) and Win 7 (hopefully the future).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stupid question: Which beta version can be most relied upon for stability and ease of learning?. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dennis G. Schrader[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](e-mail address removed)[/FONT]
Well because you will be using your computers in the workplace and windows 7 is still not officially in the shops . I would go with winXP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question