Which build of Windows 7 beta are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If you're earnestly looking at a beta build of Windows 7, I strongly suggest 7077. It is the most bug-free build compiled and leaked thus far.

Reaction score
Thanks Whoosh - et al.

Yep, Whoosh, that's good common sense and was my first choice. I have both Win XP Pro 64 bit and Win 7 Build 7077. While the question is rightly labeled "moronic" I do have some experience with new/experimental MS OS and was labeled "perverse" at one time for actually being able to install and use XP 3.51. If nothing else, I am dogged.

Annoying as it may seem, can anyone tell me just some of the problems I will have with Win 7 build 7077 as well as the problems I will have with XP Pro 64 bit.

If I am a pain in the old butsky and a drain on your time, please feel free to email me, point me to a helpful info source or, if convenient side bar me at (e-mail address removed).

In the meantime I will read more of the group posts on this site in the hopes of learning more.

Thanks all. Btw, my name is Dennis.

Reaction score
Well the most important thing is to see if the software you used while running XP will work with win7 . As win7 is still in the beta stages that may change . Only reason I thought of sticking with XP for now . If you find your software works with win7 ..great!:dontknow:

Reaction score
Dual boot of 64 bit XP Pro and Win 7 - separate HD's

Since I'm running dual 1 terabyte hd's, I have lots of "trash-can" space to play with. What then would be the easiest way to dual boot Win XP Pro 64 bit and Win 7 - one OS per TB HD would be the easiest (forget mirror backup for a while)

Will keep my XP Pro 32 bit computer on network so if I do mess up I won't lose much work time. No need to fear my becoming suicidal accordingly. Btw, extremely helpful site - I need to pick up my reading speed to catch up with you guys.

Reaction score
Easiest: 10GB partition on HDD0 for Windows XP, 25GB partition after that for Windows 7. Install XP, then install 7.

Reaction score
Easiest: 10GB partition on HDD0 for Windows XP, 25GB partition after that for Windows 7. Install XP, then install 7.
Dito on that and as I said just make sure all your software works with windows 7 :)

Good luck and happy days :)

Reaction score
Thanks as always but I wanted XP Pro 64 bit on one TB HD and Win 7 7077 on the other one TB HD. Not a big problem - just that rooting out the answer now is tough as I won't finish my final hip surgery till next week and sitting is really a bear. Btw, it's nice to find a group with such fine people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question