Weird audio problem

Reaction score
Hi
I am running Windows 7 7600.16385.090713-1255_x64

I have a Creative X-FI X-Treme Music soundcard with Creatives beta Windows 7 driver installed.

The problem just started today. I am listening to music and after a while the audio went strange. It seemed to fade and I could not hear the voices in it only the guitar and drums which also went quiter a bit.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site srose :)

Did you install any of the Creative equaliser software, and if so can you disable it to see if it is interfering with it?

Also, as silly as this sounds, double check your speaker connections at both ends... sometimes if an audio jack is slightly dislodged it can display those exact same symptoms. I sometimes have this happen if I pull one of the audio cables accidentally when I'm at my desk.

Reaction score
Wow, can't believe it, it turns out that when I disconnected my MP3 player it must have slightly dislodged the connection because I pushed it in properly and it works fine now.

Thanks for you help

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done that many a time ;) Glad it's working now! :D

Ask a Question