SOLVED Help PLZ!!! Weird Problem with my installed Memory !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Mohterboard : Ep31-Ds3l rev:2.1
Harddisk : 320 WD sata
Vga : 1GB 9500GT
Processor : inter Core2due E7500 @2.93GHz
memory : 2 rams 1x giga each , and onther 2 giga ram
system type : Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Imageshack - asdasdiik.jpg
this how my windows read my memory , i don't know why and how its 3gb usable only ...... i need help plz

Only 3gb Usable out of 4gb Memory

My bios Version is (FC)
Intel Core™ 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz 3MB Wolfdale 45nm R0 65W 1066 (FC)
Plus FDC bios still beta >.< i dont know what i can do , help plz

Reaction score
in msconfig >boot>advanced option it said 3072 but i can't tick to maximum as 40xxish , it returns to (0) when i press ok ..

plus when i start my pc i press Del , at the Bios Screen , it read my memory as 3072 also

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you running a 32-bit OS? 32-bit W7 can only "see" and use about 3.3GB of memory, any extra is wasted. Then your video takes some of that.

If you want to use all 4GB then you need to use the 64-bit version of W7. And switching from 32 to 64 bit requires a complete W7 OS reinstall.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I see you have 64bit. I believe that 1GB of the 4 is reserved because you have a 1GB video card.

See HERE.

Reaction score
so , i should i remove the 1 giga ram , and stay with 3 giga ~ or i just keep the 4 giga rams

1 last question

and should i try upgrade BIOS to FDc , for the E7500 processor 2.9 its Fc at the time , it won't matter ... coz FDc is still beta

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I wouldn't take out any memory.

Every time you update the BIOS you take a small chance of "bricking" the motherboard. So if you know it's not something you need right now then I wouldn't.

Reaction score
k bro thx alot u rock , i'll keep all ram , plus i'll w8 till gigabyte recommend upgrading the Bios

Reaction score
i noticed something , if you can explain or help me or explain what is this i would be thankful for you ...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/79008643.jpg/

i noticed that in maximum memory , when i set it to max memory it goes to 4096 ,i press apply it goes to 0.
when i set it to 4095 or any number less , it stay ....
as u can see in the picture :)
does that mean the 4 gb ram are working or what

thanks~ in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The picture is so small/low resolution that I can't read any of it but you should leave boot settings to default and I have no idea what difference changing them makes.

Reaction score
just click on the pic , it will maximize ... its good resloution

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When I click the pic disappears completely and I see a screen full of thumbnails and crap.
FuzionImgShk.jpg
I don't have the time nor the inclination to join every image hosting site out there. You can upload pictures directly to your posts if you hit the "go advanced" button and then use the "paperclip" icon.

Reaction score
Why are you changing Advanced Boot Options within MSConfig?

Take the check mark off the number of processors and maximum memory. You shouldn't be restricting your system this way unless you have a specific reason to.

There is no wonder you only have 3.0GB usable memory, when you cap the system at 4GB during the boot process.

Ask a Question