WEI – Calculated the same way for 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7?

Reaction score
If you have the same hardware set up would the WEI scores be the same on a 32 & 64 bit system?

I ask as when I have previously upgraded on a Vista 64 system and used the old parts for a Vista 32 system the WEI was always higher on the 32 bit system.

Is that because the scoring index on a 64 bit system is more onerous or was it that my old hardware just worked better in a 32 bit environment?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure ont he answer to this one, but I'm interested in this too :)

My system seems to perform better in 64 bit mode WEI, apart from my disk performance which dips by a very slight amount for some reason.

Reaction score
I believe the x64 scoring is more critical because the edition can handle more resources, making it harder to fill the OS to its maximum accompaniment of hardware.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. :)

Is there any way to be absolutely sure? Is each of the sub scores set higher on a 64 bit platform across the board or is it only some sub scores? Is there any easy way to translate scores? i.e. 7.1 on 64 = 6.8 on 32?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info of the differences between 32 & 64 bit score calculations?

Ask a Question