User Account is Administrator AND Guest!?

Reaction score
I am working at an NGO and one of the laptops has a very weird situation where the only administrator account is also the guest account. I don't even know how that's possible, but it appears to be true and is causing a lot of problems. There is also a separate standard account on the computer. When I open the administrator account in Control Panel, it just gives me an option to deactivate the guest account, but won't allow me to do it.

The administrator account can't create a new account or change any existing ones. I have tried using cmd (even running as admin) to activate the default administrator account but get the access denied error. I am also not able to add or change accounts through cmd.

I am probably not including all of the information that I need to for the best answer, but please let me know what I am missing. It is a Lenovo ideapad running Windows 7.

Ask a Question