Windows Explorer does not show user account

Reaction score
Hi all... I am new here, but thought the great responses I have seen on other threads might also be able to help with an issue I have. In windows explorer when I click on Computer I get Local Disk C and Recovery D. Clicking on Local Disk C I get various folders and Users. Clicking on Users; I get Public but not my account. However, when in command prompt, I get the normal C:\Users\My Account Name>. Why does it not and how can I make it show in windows explorer? I have tried to do an unhide thinking it may be hidden, but that did not work.

Reaction score
From My Computer, when I doubleclick on c:\>Users, I get three folders: Default App Pool, Public, and me. It just set itself up that way when I installed W7. The first two have empty folders, the third has all my stuff.

Reaction score
I did have 2... Public and me. Now it only shows Public, but when I look at some of my folders they show a path of : C:\Users\me\folder name. Why can I not see me when I click Users?:(

Reaction score
As a guess, have you logged yourself in? That would require that you already set it up to require no password, of course.

Ask a Question