Win 7 user account personalizations

Reaction score
Hello team,
This is my 1st post in the forum, I liked the way the forum is designed to help users and happy to be a part of it.

My query is as mentioned below.
I am working in a big MNC and our systems are very secured, we don't have control panel, all drives are hidden.
Once I login, I will be able to use default programs but any user customization options are not available.Lock the taskbar is greyout, task manager greyout.

Yesterday while I was working in Ms outlook 2007, I accidentally deleted my mail account in Account settings, now only the PST is visible in Outlook.
When u try to sign in to mail account in account settings, I get an option that you cannot make it while outlook is running and asked to go to Mail option in Control Panel for signing in.
I tried restarting system and when opened Outlook only PST is visible.
I called my IT guy for this and he logged in to admin account, we tried uninstalling/reinstslling Ms office so that I can get new account creation in Outlook but did not get it.
He renamed my user account as .old and ask to login again sobtgat systems creates my new user profile and then I got the new account creation option in Outlook.
The new profile created was windows basics with task bar as single line.
The old account I had was having taskbar with double space, I mean 2 lines and all programs which were opened use to display separately but now all programs are displayed in combined icons
For example if I open 5 IE pages all are displayed as 1 icon near the start button, which becomes difficult to navigate, first I have to highlight the IE icon and then click on the page I want to go, but earlier as all were displayed as a separate icon it was easy to navigate.
Need your help in letting me know if there is a way to resolve the Outlook issue, so that I can again rename my old user profile file and start using it or let me know how can I unclub icons in my new profile.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the company IT guy can't fix your Outlook I don't know what to suggest there. As for the rest, your IT guy would have to use his admin privileges while you are logged in to set the task bar to two lines & go into the taskbar properties & set it to never combine windows.

Reaction score
Thanks got the reply.
If the IT guy logs in as Admin and make the taskbar in 2 lines, wouldn't that be applicable to his account only.
I mean how will that matter to my user profile.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, you are logged in, and he uses his admin rights to change settings on your account

Reaction score
There is a issue here
I mentioned earlier all options are disabled in my I'd
Control panel option, Run box, start search nothing is visible.
I would appreciate if there is any way IT people can fix it

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If they have admin access then they can access that stuff from within your account by specifying their credentials, running scripts, etc; that's the whole point of an admin

Reaction score
Can you guide me with this, so that I can tell them how to proceed.

Ask a Question